Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
disco79
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Infinity not activated; No valid reason given; Please help

Go to solution
Been with Sky for 10+ years. Not a hitch to talk of. Great (UK-based) cutomer service. Only left due to the price of BT being cheaper, and (most importantly) the Champions League now being exclusive to BT.

Ordered BT package (phone, TV, broadband) online at end of June. Was offered early July to be delivered/activated, but I chose the 24th July (when I returned from my holiday).

Whilst I was abroad, BT cancelled my order with no communication to me to state why. No e-mail, phonecall or text. I only found out by chance as I was logining-in to BT to check the order status on the last day of my holiday.

Offshore help line no use and no reason given for my cancellation. Advised that I should order again. So I did. 4th of August was the new date for telephone, TV and broadband activation.

Phone activated on the day of the 4th, but come 7pm still no TV or Broadband. Phoned to complain; 'It'll be activated at midnight sir".

Checked next day, still no brodband/tv. Phoned again to the offshore help line; "It'll be activated by midnight tonight. Sorry for the delay".

Checked next day, STILL no broadband/tv. Phoned to complain, and told new activation date of 14th August!!!!!!

No reason given as to the delay, just 'issues'. When asked to elaborate on what these 'issues' are I am told that their system is down and they can't get any further info (how convenient).

This has happened in each of the 3 times I have called since (including this morning), to check that the 14th August is still on schedule.

Can anyone more informed/onshore please provide some insight as to what the problem/issue is, and if I am indeed scheduled to have the broadband/tv activated on the 14th August?

One week without tv and Internet and my wife and kids are ready to kill me for ditching what was a very good reliable service (Sky) for what appears to be the antithesis.

Thank you.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Infinity not activated; No valid reason given; Please help

Go to solution
please do not make duplicate posts as you will miss any replies you may receive and it causes confusion to everyone
0 Ratings
redwoodsteve
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
How have you gone on?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
the poster made multiple posts on the subject and has been offered help if needed by the forum moderators

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/another-BT-Broadband-Not-Activated/m-p/1518669
0 Ratings
disco79
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Yep. Infinity went live on Friday. Got all the channels and Internet connection.

Still no email with my netflix password though?
0 Ratings