Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JJR64
Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Infinity order chaos.

Go to solution
After 2 failed BT infinity installation dates I now have no broadband what so ever for past 3 days. My BT infinity order has now been cancelled due to issues with cabinet and Openreach stating I cant get Infinty yet the Openreach adsl checker states I can get BT infinity so I would like to have some kind of broadband service from BT as soon as possible. Can someone please help.
0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 19

Re: Infinity order chaos.

Go to solution

See if mods can help you sort out your order. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JJR64
Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks .
0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @JJR64

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you've had with your order.  You can send us over your details and we'll check what's causing the issue with the cabinet.  We can get you connected on an ADSL (Copper) broadband service if needs be in the meantime.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
JJR64
Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution
Thank you Robbie for quick response. I have sent my private information via the Mods link and thank you again.
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @JJR64,

Thank you for taking my call yesterday. I've placed an order to have you connection on ADSL 2 Broadband. At the moment the activation date is set to the 8th of March. I've raised an escalation with BT Wholesale to bring that date forward if possible. 

As soon as I get word back from the escalations team I'll let you know.

Thanks

PaddyB

JJR64
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Patrick. As much as I appreciate everyone's help on this matter im still bitterly disssapointed with BT as to how this apauling situation has happened. Who do I complain to is it Ofcam to make them aware of this. I will be looking this matter further anyway. In my mind BT should have never switched me over to a service that was clearly unavailable to me at the time.and not offered an alternative solution earlier when they knwew rhiwr was a problem.Look at where its got me,no internet service for a 5th day in a row at no fault of my own doing,and for next 5 days also as thier is no guarantee Openreach will relent and do the install before the install date thats even if they can connect me as I now dont have much faith in the whole process now. Finally. Openreach can send out 2 different engineers with 3 working days to activate a service which cant be activated as yet,but I have to wait potentially up to7 days to be re connected to a fully functioning product I already had with a previuos isp. Im only hoping Openreach can do the install asap. Thank you.
0 Ratings
JJR64
Contributor
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution
Thanks Patrick. As much as I appreciate everyone's help on this matter im still bitterly disssapointed with BT as to how this apauling situation has happened. Who do I complain to is it Ofcom to make them aware of this. I will be looking this matter further anyway. In my mind BT should have never switched me over to a service that was clearly unavailable to me at the time.and not offered an alternative solution earlier when they knwew rhiwr was a problem.Look at where its got me,no internet service for a 5th day in a row at no fault of my own doing,and for next 5 days also as thier is no guarantee Openreach will relent and do the install before the install date thats even if they can connect me as I now dont have much faith in the whole process now. Finally. Openreach can send out 2 different engineers with 3 working days to activate a service which cant be activated as yet,but I have to wait potentially up to7 days to be re connected to a service which I already had which was fully functioning product I already had with a previuos isp. Im only hoping Openreach can do the install asap. Thank you.
0 Ratings
JJR64
Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me with this issue especially the Mods on the forum. Quick update as well. Thankfully i am back on line albiet on adsl but im happy with that for now i have no alternative anyway as i still cant get Infinity. So to bring things up to speed. I was supposed to be upgraded to Infinity 1 on 21st March.Enginner came out to cabinet and the Cab is still not live i was advised later on that same day when i had to call again to find out what was going on, so thats the 3rd failed installation. Im due an update on 28th March about my overdue order,but im not holding my breath. I got a Email on 8th March from Openreach advising me that Fibre was now avaliable from my chosen isp provider and that all checkers had been updated to show fibre avaliability . So on 12th March i placed my order again for Infinity but with much doubt. I'll keep you all posted.

JJR64
Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Got text update this morning regarding my Infifnity 1 order.Message says "Order delayed (again) due to capacity issue in Exchange Will text  you back on 01/04/18 with update". This is getting so annoying BT. Does any one know if i cancelled this order and ordered Fibre with a differemt ISP would they have the same issue or has any one had experience with a different ISP  who were more helpfull as i feel i am going round in circles. Surley all this Capacity issue should have all been sorted out before they advertised the Cab as accepting orders not to mention teh Cab itself was not even ready,seemigly is just one blunder after another.I mean its a brand new Cabinet built outside exchange.and i was switched from EO line to Cabinet no7 on 02nd Feb this year. I am really contemplating cancelling this order and trying out another ISP but at risk of losing service (again) i would play it safe an order Vanilla flavoured ADSL which i know is generally avaliable as everyone els is on FIBRE  unless another ISP can guarantee me they can provide Fibre,but as BT cant then i would imagine no other ISP can provide the service either.

0 Ratings