cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 16

Infinity order placed on August 24th but service will only activate on October 10th

Go to solution

Let me summarise the events:

24 August - I've placed an order for Bt Infinity. The engineer was scheduled to visit the property on 12 September.

12 September - The engineer made the first visit to my property. Some work was done but he needed to access a cupboard in a communal area, for which I didn't have the key. He told me he would mark the job as incomplete and another engineer would finish the job.

16 September - The second engineer came to my place and had access to the cupboard. After doing some work he told me that the line was ready to receive the service but I needed to contact BT in order 'to flip the switch at the exchange (BT cabinet?)' because he wasn't allowed to do that. He told me that in the meantime I should al least have regular broadband speeds but the router didn't connect at all. I've contacted BT and I was told that my order was cancelled.

16 September to 19 September - I've been contacting BT every day since the 16th and each time I spoke to a support person I got a different response. One told me that an engineer would go to the cabinet on the 16th (clearly that didn't happen). Another one reissued the order (which was automatically cancelled minutes later). The next one told me to place a new order (with the activation date scheduled for October 5th) and finally today I receive a call telling me that a another new order was placed because the previous was cancelled. Now the activation date is scheduled for October 10th.

I have the phone line ready to have your service and you're making me wait more than one month? 

This post will be the last time I'll try to contact you before I jump ship and order Virgin Media services.

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Infinity order placed on August 24th but service will only activate on October 10th

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

This will determine whether there is a waiting list on your cabinet. If the phone is active, then cancelling is likely to incur cancellation charges.

If there is a waiting list then you can be put on standard broadband until spece is available.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Re: Infinity order placed on August 24th but service will only activate on October 10th

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous,

If you'd like some help with all of this please feel free to get in touch with us. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us approximately 5 working days to pick it up but we will get back in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Update:

Good news. It appears that my service is now activated. Now I only have to make sure that the 2 still open orders on mybt are cancelled so I don't get more nasty surprises.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

That's great to hear @Anonymous.

Once we pick up your ticket we'll be able to check those orders and close them for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Aaanndd... broadband service disconnected again. I've just received an email saying that my phone service is ready. No mention of the broadband service. Now only the phone is working and the router is disconnected. 😕

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous Sorry about that. I could not get the order to cancel the broadband (linked to your original order) cancelled. I am working on getting your broadband connected and will be in touch tomorrow morning to update you.

John

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2.

Thanks. I imagined that you'd still be working on that so I apologise for my impatience.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 ,

Any news? Apparently no new order was placed last Friday. There's only a £19 bill to pay for the useless phone line.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Anonymous Order has been placed on Friday but directly with Wholesale. I am waiting confirmation of connection date and will update you later today.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings