Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Infinity2 due date way gone and still not activated exchange EAGRY

Go to solution

Due to be active 9th October, now 14th, still nothing, broken promises from BT to call back, even a text saying they will and dont. 
A call I made on the activation date said it wont happen due to a routing issue at the cabinet, engineer to resolve Monday, nothing. A call yesterday same excuse engineer to resolve routing issue call us again in 48 hours.

This is awful from a telecoms company such as BT. OK is a new exchange just gone live, but surely you would test it all before it takes orders and gives activation dates?

The exchange ref is EAGRY if BT do read these posts

Its not just my connection its others in the village as well not going live

I have a household with excitement on hold !

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
fraggy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: Infinity2 due date way gone and still not activated exchange EAGRY

Go to solution
Welcome to my world. They've done the same with me until today that I was promised I could cancel with no charges. Then found out I'm actually getting charged £421 for canoeing a service I've never had!

All I can say is to make sure you take the names down of the people you're speaking to and ask for your calls to be recorded.
0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hey, 

I'm also connected to EAGRY and am in the same position, activated on the 9th, well supposed to be.. The latest I was told yesterday directly from open reach was that it's with the routing team still and that they were working between the plant and the exchange and to be fair  they were there quite a bit yesterday.. Clearly something major hasn't been finished despite the exchange showing as accepting orders. I ordered literally as soon as it went live and it feels like I've been waiting for ever already, just a firm date would calm me down haha.

0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution
Just had an update, apparently there's a reporting issue affecting us at the exchange and there won't be another update until Tues.. A van has been there for ages today so something is happening...
0 Ratings
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks for the update, needless to say BT didnt contact me again as promised after 48 hours

Its not the end of the world we still have ADSL, but try tellling my son that!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution
No problem.. Yes me too but 8mb really isn't the same as 80mb..! It can't be much longer...
0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Latest news.. With the network team because wiring or equipment needs providing, next update on the 22nd.. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

New activation date of the 26th Oct...! 

0 Ratings
ianonline999
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

Speaking with someone else in the village they have had 18mb down and 9mb up since Monday, so looks like some have some kind of fibre connection

My activation date is Tuesday, unfortunatly wont be able to get much more than 38meg, but still considerably better than the current 4-6mb

0 Ratings
NoobFirstClass
Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Oh really?! Last time I spoke to them they said everyone was affected.. Obviously that person got lucky! Ive been disconnected a few times thurs morning when normally its rock solid as I'm not far away from the exchange so hoping that's a good sign... I'm excited about Monday now though if someone else has already been activated!

0 Ratings