Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
simonlander
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Installation at New Build

Go to solution

I have desperatley tried to get a straight answer from BT - via chat, phone, twitter but as soon as i get 1 answer, i get contacted with a different one.

Basically i am moving next door - same post code and same BT Exchange. Next door is a new build - so i caontacted BT on 22 June (yes i know the date as i keep records of all conversations for services and what was said etc) to ask them to set up a new connection ready for move in December. They said - bo cant do that until you move - ring 3 weeks before you move and it will be sorted then.

I rand on 20/11/17 and said we would be moving in on 9th December. They agreed to transfer the account - but then couldnt 'move' the fibre as fibre was not available at new property. (Its 20 foot away from existing house in middle of village that has fibre)??...anyway the consultant said - "we will downgrade you to broadband for the move and when the line is installed we will upgrade you back to fibre, its because its a new build so no history at new house to say fibre available" (well if there is no history there how do you know broadband is availble??)

Anyway - i agreed and he said it would be done on 11th Dec. I asked as i had Sky being installed on 7th - could they do installation earlier - he said he would try his best and i would be contacted in 3 days to confirm.

3 days came and went.

I then contacted BT again to be told that there was an issue with the move as there is no landline as its a new build (Really - not like i didnt tell BT in June or again on the 20th Nov is it!!)

Oh well - but was told still "should be" ok for 11th - but they would keep me updated.

For the next 3 days i got text and emails stating - "Sorry we cant tell you when your service will be ready"

An update to say no update then

After 3 days the messages stopped.

So i contact BT again - to be told that survey was done and i should know by the 12th when the service will be installed?

I explained that i wasnt happy - as i was told the 11th - and now you are saying an upadte on the 12th

I have now for last 3 days tried to get answers from BT

Yesteday i had this in chat online at 10am " Mansi: Simon, I can understand your concern . I am confirming you that all your services regarding your home order which were placed on 20th November will be completed till the midnight of 11th Dec."

Thank you Mansi - confirmation at last.

NO - at 12am - BT phone me to say they are ringing to tell me they will update me on 12th, so ia sked if it is still planned for 11th - "No as i said we will update you on the 12th - sorry but cannt say when installation will be"

Im afraid I was far from happy and asked to speak to manager to make a complaint - eventually i was put through to another team - who asked me to confirm my name - at which i was either cut off or they hung up on me.

No call back

I have a little rant on Twitter

This morning i ask BT_Care on Twitter "So is the plan still for 11th - do i need to be hoem for installation"

They reply "Yes" i need to be home for installation

Is the installation on the 11th? Do I need to be hom eon 11th or would this be wasted day off work?

Who knows - trying to get a straight answer from BT is impossible.

It actually still says on MyBT Track my Order - Loaction and planning section" - Upadte due on 1st Dec - well BT its the 6th of Dec - you seem to be 5 days behind? (Oh and please tell your consultants to listen rather than talk over me when i am explaining where it is on your website as they appear to not know where to look)

The whole servise thus far has been beyond appaling - and i am still awaiting a straight answer.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Installation at New Build

Go to solution
I have asked the forum mods to leave their contact link here
0 Ratings
simonlander
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hello

What do you mean "I have asked the forum mods to leave their contact link here" 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

@simonlander wrote:

Hello

What do you mean "I have asked the forum mods to leave their contact link here" 

They are BT Employees, and will respond on this thread.

New builds can take a long time to be fully provided, as they depend on close co-operation between the developers, and Openreach (who provide the connections)

A working phone line would need to be provided first. Once this has been done, broadband can be added, depending on what options are available.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @simonlander

Sorry you've been having so many problems getting this order completed to move your service. Apologies also for the mixed reports you've received when trying to gain more information.

I can have this investigated to get you some answers, please fill in the contact the mods link in my profile.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
simonlander
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Hello

Im assuming that BT are not coming today as i havent heard anything? Can this be confimed? Also - it appears they have cut me off at my existing address today - which isnt very good if they are not putting new landline in today?

0 Ratings
simonlander
Beginner
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Paddy - just received this below. I hope this is wrong - i’m not waiting until 02 Jan - that’s redicilous!!

Sorry. Your BT order's delayed. Your new engineer visit's on 02 Jan 2018 between 8am to 1pm. If you can't make it, you can change it at bt.com/ordertracking/?order_id=HMNMHM0ZZ******. If you've ordered any other services, they'll start within 24 hours of your new appointment. We'll let you know when they're ready for you.-

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

It sounds like that is Openreach's first available install date installs in new builds are often delayed due to blocked or damaged cable ducts 

could you please post the results of this checker 

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

@simonlander

Have you been getting regular updates from the moderators, as it usually best to reply direct to the messages they send you, as they do not always monitor the forum?

0 Ratings
simonlander
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
There is no data available for this number. This could be either because it is not a BT line or it is a new BT number that has just been provided. Most new numbers will appear on the checker 24 hours after BT has installed the line.

Probably because they cut me off ready for move today which BT haven’t done
0 Ratings