cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grumsta
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Installation nightmare

Hi wasn't sure where to post this so please move if not correct. 

I'm having a real nightmare getting my BT broadband working. We bought a house recently and ordered BT broadband online. It claims to have been installed on the 26th March but it's till showing orange/red flashing lights on the router. My phone line works fine. I've gone through all the troubleshooting steps on the wizard that comes up when I connect to the WiFi. 

An engineer was supposed to come on Tuesday but didn't show up, no call or explanation. I eventually managed to speak to someone and they assured me the engineer was still coming, but he didn't. 

I've called again numerous times to try and find out when the engineer will come again or when it will be fixed and nobody can tell me anything. The last time I was placed on hold for at least 20 mins before being cut off. I need the internet for my work and all our family entertainment etc and I barely have 3g here and no BT hotspots are available. 

I don't really know what to do but it's very stressful.  Does anyone have any ideas about how to go about resolving this? It's now been two weeks since broadband was supposedly installed. I understand the previous occupants of the house had BT internet so I'm really puzzled as to what the issue is. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installation nightmare

Re you getting FTTP or FTTC?  if former you will have something like this

ONT fttp_small_ont_2019.jpg

if not are you connecting to the master phone socket?  if so which one

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grumsta
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for the reply. It's FTTC and the socket is like no 1. Have tried unscrewing the face plate and connecting directly to the socket inside. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

When you connected to test socket did you use a filter 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grumsta
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yup I used the filter supplied and I tried an old one that was left here 

0 Ratings