cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnAP
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

International Calling with Home Essentials

I’m a manager on the account for my elderly aunt and with the help of the excellent forum team here I recently managed to get her on to BT Basic. However it looks like the new Home Essentials (calls only) would be even better value for her so I was about to place an order for this.

During the order journey I noticed that it added international and premium rate call barring which couldn’t be removed so I didn’t proceed with the order. Not too bothered about premium rate but she does have a requirement for making occasional international calls and has this enabled with BT Basic.

Can international call barring be removed after sign up or is this a requirement of Home Essentials?  We realise the cost of international calls might be more than with BT Basic (which has special international rates).

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 2

Re: International Calling with Home Essentials

No reason it can't be removed, home essentials is different as the inclusive calls are to UK landlines or UK mobiles, so if your aunt makes frequent calls it's advisable to have one of the 2 international call addons, otherwise the call charges could soon mount up.

Try calling instead, front line teams can make sure you only have what you need, 150 from a BT landline or 0800 800 150 from any other network.

0 Ratings