Re: Introducing BT Halo 3 and BT Halo 3+

yep...just a posh version of the old mini hub
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 12 of 15

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

Quick help with terminology, the Hybrid Connect is a 4G Modem. It is not a router or hub and simply connects to the Smart Hub 2 by Ethernet so the Smart Hub 2 has an extra modem (mobile network).

Once paired it can be moved so the ethernet isn't required and connects over Wi-Fi, helpful if the mobile signal is stronger by a window.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 15

@-Richie-wrote:
Once paired it can be moved so the ethernet isn't required and connects over Wi-Fi, helpful if the mobile signal is stronger by a window.

Hi @-Richie-   Just curious I tried disconnecting the Ethernet. The Hybrid Connect connected to a black disc 10 metres away and ignored the SH2 only 0.5 metre away!

0 Ratings
Luckybob28
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Well that took an effort to sort - 4 calls later.....ended up getting put on correct plan first which no one seemed to be able to do - so account at least showing Halo 3+. They were reluctant to send out a Hybrid Connect due to the signal for 4g coverage in the area.....When I pointed out that BT's own coverage checker shown it as Very Good they changed their minds and sent one out. Worked fine with the Mini Hub we had before? 0800800150....was the number that eventually sorted it. 

0 Ratings
Tim25
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

I’m curious, I recently finished by BT Fibre Halo 1 contract and was told (it’s repeated here above ) that BT Halo 3 and 3+ were “replacing” BT Halo 1 and 2 and it wasn’t possible for me to continue with BT Halo 1. 
So I switched to the cheaper of the two on offer,  BT Halo 3.

I am now seeing regular offers for new BT customers to switch to BT Halo 1 and 2 ... what is going on??!

I was loathed to stay with BT after seeing the way a friend has been treated over slow broadband speeds but this just adds to the levels of dissatisfaction & the feeling that we’re being conned and scammed.

Is there a plausible explanation as to why I’m told one thing when negotiating a new contract but BT’s advertising suggests the opposite?

0 Ratings