Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 1 of 10

Introducing BT Halo

BT Plus has had a makeover in more ways than one. It’s got even more ways to keep you online. And we’re giving it a new name – BT Halo.   

BT Halo keeps everything you love about BT Plus, and gives you complete reassurance wherever you’re connected.  There are two tiers to BT Halo: BT Halo 1 and BT Halo 2. The additional benefit with BT Halo 2 is that it comes with Home Tech Experts and our latest Smart Hub.  In the coming months, over a million BT Plus customers will become BT Halo 1 customers and they will then have the option of upgrading to BT Halo 2.

So, what’s the difference?

BT Halo 1

Complete reassurance inside, outside, always

BT Halo 1 gives you ultra-reliable broadband and more from your mobile & home phone.

More than just broadband

As well as our fastest fibre broadband, you can choose to add Complete Wi-Fi which comes with a guarantee to give you wi-fi all over the house and if for any reason you can't get a signal everywhere, you can get £20 back.  And if you have a problem with your broadband or you tell us you’re moving home, we’ll send you a Mini Hub straight away to get you back online quickly.

More from your mobile & home phone

Whether you’ve already got mobile with us or are brand new, we’ll immediately double the data you get on your mobile plan. You can also opt for a No Limits plan: this gives you totally unlimited calls from your home phone, including to all mobiles plus unlimited data on your mobile. You can even choose to add a 5G plan for when you’ve got a 5G handset and you’re in a 5G area.

All for one great price & Our price promise

We’ll never charge you more than a new customer, and your bill won’t go up when your contract ends.  This doesn’t include any changes as a result of the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation. See bt.com/prices for more information.

Dedicated support

If you have any problems with your broadband or mobile, we have dedicated teams in the UK and Ireland to help online and on the phone.

BT Halo 2

Complete reassurance inside, outside, always

BT Halo 2 gives you everything from BT Halo 1 and more, with service like you’ve never experienced.

Expert tech support in your own home

We’re taking the support you get from your broadband and mobile provider to a whole different level.   Whether you need a hand setting up your broadband or fixing a problem, give us a call and our new team of Home Tech Experts will be round to help you out with 2-hour appointment slots, 7 days a week, so there’s no more waiting around.

More than just broadband

As well as our fastest fibre broadband, get our latest Smart Hub if you don’t already have one. You can also choose to add Complete Wi-Fi which comes with a guarantee to give you wi-fi all over the house and if for any reason you can't get a signal everywhere, you can get £20 back. And if you have a problem with your broadband or you tell us you’re moving home, we’ll send you a Mini Hub straight away to get you back online quickly.

More from your mobile & home phone

Whether you’ve already got mobile with us or you’re new to BT mobile, we’ll immediately double the data you get on your mobile plan. You can also opt for a No Limits plan: this gives you totally unlimited calls from your home phone, including to all mobiles plus unlimited data on your mobile. You can even choose to add a 5G plan for when you’ve got a 5G handset and.

All for one great price & Our price promise

We’ll never charge you more than a new customer, and your bill won’t go up when your contract ends.  This doesn’t include any changes as a result of annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rate of inflation. See bt.com/prices for more information.

You can find out more about Halo from this link BT Halo

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: Introducing BT Halo

Loving my new speeds, but have an issue with my cloud account, the limit has gone back down to 100GB, I have tried to increase it back to the old 1000GB, can you advise who I can contact to fix it? I can't seem to find a number to contact.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Hi @ashfordianeagle

Thank you for posting. If you contact the BT Cloud helpdesk team, they'll be able to help you with this.

You can reach them on 0800 500 3114 for help with this.

Give them a call and let us know how you get on?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks @PaddyB just spoken to them and the lady says Halo only comes with 100GB, but I don't understand how it has gone down without being advised, or why I can't get the order fulfilled as I am ordering at a free add-on anyway.

She has escalated this and I can expect a call in the next 24 hours, but really I need this sorted before Monday as I have work notes and stuff on the cloud.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Surprises no one to find I have not had a call back and am now having to call again, nothing like tarnishing a new product.

Not going to lie, feeling a bit let down by BT on this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

25 minutes waiting for someone to answer, no response.

Any chance you can get this chased, I was hoping to have this fixed before I went back to work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

70 minutes on a call, 4 departments and still no joy, but at least the final lady in Sales has taken this away. It appears there is some issue on my account causing this, it shows as 1TB on my account the team can see but 100GB on my dashboard. Very odd.

Another call tomorrow to see if they can help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 10

@SeanD @PaddyB 

Guess what, still not fixed, no call from BT since Monday, even though I have had a complaint logged.

Any chance someone could actually call me on my mobile, to deal with this, I have provided my mobile?

Seriously, as an IT technician myself I can't understand how this seems to be so difficult to resolve, come on BT.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 10

Contacted BT about another subject and during my online chat was offered the change to Halo1. Firstly at a reduced price from what I was current paying of £2 a month, after a bit more chat about the details I was then offered a Loyalty Discount which has now saved me £7.50 a month. All working well, same high speed I was already getting, for less money, so I’m happy so far.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Before I upgrade to halo 1

can someone confirm my infinity 2 price discount will stay the same for an extra 24 month ?

0 Ratings