cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 121 of 162

Re: Introducing BT Plus!

This is a no-brainer for me - I currently pay £4/month for faster mobile speed on my mobile alone, but for only £3/month I will get it on both my mobile and my wifes (I already have ex-Infinity 2 hence why the upgrade price is low). And both our data allowances will get doubles to 12GB!

However, on the technicalities:

1) Reading previous posts my current £7.50/month discount on my Infinity 2 deal should continue for the remainder of the 12 months it has to run?

2) Do I have to cancel my current mobile speed booster BEFORE I order plus, or will it get automatically cancelled when I order?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
python
Contributor
Message 122 of 162

@GarryJwrote:

Been trying to work out all this "BT Plus" excitement, and what it would mean to me, after recieving emails from BT about it all,  if i have got this correct, there is no extra broadband speed guaranteed, as i have got Superfast Fibre 1 Unlimited, and even then  i cannot seem to get speeds too much above 30mbps, do not have a mobile with BT, actually just got a pay as you go phone, as i barely use it too much, the only thing that would be of intrest to me are these extras BT provide, keep connected, speak to UK customer services,price freeze etc and then pay a few more pounds extra to get all this , some of these extras BT plus provides , i would think that BT should give to all customers anyway whether they are in the "plus" package or not. So it seems this whole thing is not really for customers like me, really designed for those who need their phones a great deal more. (which seems to be most people these days!)

I have had 3 emails asking me to take on the new format saying it will cost me an extra £3 a month, so I am staying as I am for now.

I don't have BT Mobile, I have never been without my connection in the last 4 years.

Strangely though, I did a speed test yesterday and was surprised when I got a speed of:;-

54.10 Mbps Download and 10.61Mbps Upload

My spead before that was 38.10 Down Up and 6.10 Up. 

I live in the middle of 2 cabinets so never expected to get the top speed, but 54mbps, I must be dreaming. I guarantee when my ip address changes the speed wil drop.

--------------------
Jim
0 Ratings
gworf74
Aspiring Contributor
Message 123 of 162

I was informed when ordering that my bill would go up by around £5 per month. All discounts would stay in place etc etc.

Turns out it was all BS, was paying around £60 per month for phone and Infinity 2 (with new customer discount), and this months bill is over £80.

For £20 pounds more I could have Landline, 350+MB Broadband and all the Television I'd care to watch, .

I suppose it's my fault at the end of the day, I should have known that BT were secretly plotting to trick customers out of their discounts. I just hope that for all this extra money they are going to sticking in their bank accounts, they have something amazing planned for their customers. (not holding my breath though).

At the end of the day, what I'm trying to say is that I am a VERY unhappy customer, I realize it was probably my fault for signing up for a new service (although for all intents and purposes it looked like it was just an addition to the old service). And if you are thinking of signing up for BT Plus, PLEASE BE CAREFUL, they do NOT inform you that when you sign up, you WILL LOSE any discounts that are currently on your package.

Colin_London
Recognised Expert
Message 124 of 162

This is exactly what I am worried about - losing my discounts. I have significant discounts on Broadband, Mobile and TV and don’t want to risk losing them.
0 Ratings
Tezz
Contributor
Message 125 of 162

@Dean007wrote:

I like the fact I can speak to the guys in Ireland when I have an issue...  Smiley Very Happy

Why should we pay more for this?

V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 126 of 162

@Colin_Londonwrote:
This is exactly what I am worried about - losing my discounts. I have significant discounts on Broadband, Mobile and TV and don’t want to risk losing them.

There's no harm in trying.

I spoke to someone on the phone when I upgraded, liked what I heard & got them to back it up in an email.

I'm still waiting for my first bill since then but if it's not what I expect then I have evidence of what I was told.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 127 of 162

As its a premium service
0 Ratings
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 128 of 162

@Tezz

You don’t have to pay extra, you can stay as you are and enjoy your current service. 

But some people seem to forget that BT is a commercial business. 

0 Ratings
Tezz
Contributor
Message 129 of 162

If we are able to speak to people in uk etc, then this should be the case for everyone, I don’t forget BT are a greedy commercial business, I am currently paying over £80 a month with them.

0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 130 of 162

You will as from 2020 when all calls will be handled in UK call centres.
0 Ratings