cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disco91
Message 11 of 15

Re: Is 08000285085 a genuine BT number?

Go to solution
This is not a genuine BT number I have spoken to BT customer services and they have assured me it is NOT one of their numbers the caller only rings my mobile which is not a BT mobile but refuses to ring the landline number
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

You have been misinformed. It is a genuine BT number.

Stew

Mico
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

This does appear to be a genuine number.

I'm in the process of leaving BT to got to another provider.

There is a glitch on the billing system according to the Loyalty Team who have spent time with me on this matter, in essence the 'system' is repeatedly mailing and lettering Us that a large amount of money is due to leaving mid-contract term, which is totally incorrect.

To this end, We told Loyalty we were cancelling our DD at the bank and when the final bill arrives, paper format, we will call and make a card payment to clear the account if it is the correct figure.

While this is ongoing, this 08000285085 called just now; a quite insistant and determined to talk over me Asian sounding male caller.

He wouldn't confirm details for me, so wouldn't actually discuss the nature of his call, so I briefly explained the above situation to him and hung up. (no sensitive or useable info was divulged)

If he had been more poilte and less dismissive, he may have received more help.

Now 'they' know what it's like making a call to sort a problem and not getting the expected help they desire lol

0 Ratings
revocomputers
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

This is not helpfull, some say it is geniune and others say not.

I had a call from this number and I told them to go away when they started asking for DOB and other stuff. Also the guy didn't sound English.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

@revocomputers wrote:

This is not helpfull, some say it is geniune and others say not.

That's probably because the number is genuine but the calls generally aren't. Scammers are unlikely to use their own numbers but spoof them, and they might use either random or genuine ones for the purpose.

Alas, in today's world, you have to treat all unexpected calls with suspicion and refuse to provide any private or sensitive information. Genuine calls out of the blue from BT about existing services are unlikely.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.