Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DNM
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Is 9 weeks unacceptable?

Good Day everybody,

Could anyone please tell me why my connection speed with BT is 000mbs? 

I orderd a line on April 27 stating a new line was required  and they returned with a promised installation on 7th May

For the first month..... promises were made that the line would be fitted every week,

I have taken three days off without pay to await the engineer,

The second month the cunning BT customer care people now use the excuse waiting for an update from openreach...

Is Openreach a virus that cause communication errors?  when the update comes...it is usually ahh we have to wait for the next update next week.

Last monday I confirmed with Bt customer care at 09:00hr that the line would be "up and running"

Being naeve I beleived this meant an installation  not running away in the opposit direction.

at 13;30 I phoned Bt customer care who claimed that the viral agent openreach had updated and cancelled the installation at 10.....After a generous moan to Bt customer care the engineer arrived tuesday. I asked him to install an inner socket with the wire external so that the line could be connected  without me taking a fourth day off work (unpaid).

He also marked the 20foot  route for the cable.

He thought the line would be fitted friday probably monday....

Friday I had a call from Bt  another delay, another update will be waited upon  8th July,

Could anybody reccomend a new antiviral agent to combat the resistance created by openreach.

I am sooooooooooooooo glad that I do not have cancer and these are the medics

Thank you

BT Customer Care have been great but they have to rely on OPENREACH updates. why do they have a monopoly on installation.

Virgin installed my line within 1 week 2 years ago.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Is 9 weeks unacceptable?

@DNM wrote:

BT Customer Care have been great but they have to rely on OPENREACH updates. why do they have a monopoly on installation.

Virgin installed my line within 1 week 2 years ago.

You can blame the Government at that time and all successive Governments since

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
db218
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Is 9 weeks unacceptable?

It is unacceptable for BT Retail to provide install dates that are not going to be kept to !

It is unacceptable for Openreach to have a monoploy !!

If BT Retail give an install date 9 weeks in the future that could be acceptable, but likely to make the customer go elsewhere, but they appear to be giving short dates and then slipping them - That is unacceptable and a breach of contract !!!

0 Ratings