cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Is BT being phased out as a consumer broadband provider, or are EE talking pants

Just had a conversation with a very pushy EE person, who stated that EE will be taking over all the consumer contracts for broadband as of June/July.

Is this the case?

My current renewal is £70 pm, and I've been told that there is no deal to be had, and yet EE can offer 500Mbs (3 times the speed) for £40 and my current Whole Home discs will work with their router as of Monday.

This is shocking that BT will potentially re-sign people at nearly twice the price, move them to EE in a couple of months knowing that they can get better service for far less from their own sister company directly.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is BT being phased out as a consumer broadband provider, or are EE talking pants

BT Retail is being rebranded to EE in the not too distant future 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Is BT being phased out as a consumer broadband provider, or are EE talking pants

So what EE are offering now won't be available in a couple of months, they will go to BT prices? And what about the hardware? Will the BT discs be compatible with the EE router?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @AGxM   Whole home discs work with most routers, not just BT (or EE). Or do you mean Complete WiFi discs?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Yes, sorry, I meant the black Complete Wifi discs

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@AGxM I'm not sure whether EE sales teams are supposed to be actively looking to move broadband customers. If BT handle the migration like they did with mobile, you'll get a nudge from BT to move to EE so it sounds like someone in EE sales is just doing their sales job. 

At the end of the day, if you have no other products from BT that will be affected by moving your broadband to EE you might as well do it if it's significantly cheaper.

0 Ratings