cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uche
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Is BT really living up to expectations . The phrase all that glitters aint gold is true .

I was transferred to a new role from Coventry to kings Lynn. 2 weeks to the time of transfer I called BT indicating interest to their services . it has been weeks of agony since then
6th August -my broadband hub was sent to a wrong address
I could not go live as on the day I am suppose to so it delayed . I finally got a new hub
my internet worked only for 4 or 5 days and stopped
I came back from work so tired and rang BT. I am not joking it took 2hrs to pick my call with no apology
I reported my fault on 14th August .
it took days to get an engineer to come . Different messages from different people whenever I call .
finally someone booked an engineer to visit my home . I took permission from work and couldn't make money on the engineers appointment day . In the morning of 20th August , I called on the phone to know where the engineer is . A rude customer care representative picked and said all I need to do was to sit down at home and wait for him . I was angry and accepted my fate . I waited all day . No engineer came .
tried ringing back. hours spent calling . someone will pick and line cuts off . no call back
one day someone managed to send another engineer on 27th of august . A gain another day lost from work . He attended and said problem could be a soft ware issue .
I rang BT and they said it is not , it is problem outside the house .
I got tired and said fine . Break the 1 month marriage as I am tired . A rude worker on phone said I cant leave now else I will pay 589 pounds for breaching the contract .
I patiently waited for 30 days to elapse from the day I reported the fault so I can leave without paying 589 quid

all I keep getting is false update . your service is back . I will happily go to test it and its not working .They will apologise that someone will ring me . like a manager to explain things to me .

that phone call never came . 30 days passed and I happily cancelled my contract .
next day a call back came from what looks like a manager. They are still promising me to wait till 18th September .
I have spent almost 100 pounds to keep doing add on to my phone internet so I can hotspot and read for my exams . instead of enjoying a service I paid for

yea...…. that is how useless BT is

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Is BT really living up to expectations . The phrase all that glitters aint gold is true .

Hi @uche, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, that level of service is unacceptable and I'm so sorry for your recent experience after joining BT. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team if you need any help getting this sorted.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings