cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Is Unlimited Fibre Plan (74Mb) FTTC or FTTP?

I can't get FTTP installed, will this plan require drilling etc or just plug in the new router?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Is Unlimited Fibre Plan (74Mb) FTTC or FTTP?

What ISP is this with ?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

olie_0-1683666687543.png

bt (social/home essentials)

I assume it's the same as full fibre 2?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 14

@olie wrote:

I assume it's the same as full fibre 2?

No, its FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

It's asking for a installation appointment on checkout...

olie_0-1683668096877.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

olie_0-1683668469552.png

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

As you are being offered an appointment slot , it’s assumed that you need an ‘full’ installation , it’s possible that if the property has had ‘BT’ type service in the past , then that can be reused, but if not , then depending on what type of area the property is in ( overhead with telegraph poles , or underground cable ) there may need to a hole made to get a cable from the outside to the inside , and a master socket fitting etc,

If  address hasn’t had a working BT type line for quite some time , even if there is evidence of the previous ‘line’ , like a master socket, dropwire from a pole ( if overhead ) it cannot be assumed the line will simply come back into  service , but it may , in which case the installer has a relatively easy job

Message 8 of 14

My phone socket has the text openreach bt on it, does this mean I won't need a visit? (this is how i get my current non-fibre internet from sky, so i assume this works?)

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

It seems every broadband provider is requiring an installation appointment to get any speed above 11mb/s.

EE seems to think that i don't even have a phone line when i do.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

If you are SKY FTTC broadband customer and moving to BT FTTC then there should be no openreach visit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings