cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Is my Fathers Topcashback going to be declined after BT cancelled his order without notifying him??

My 74-year-old father recently decided, to change provider for BT. Part of the reason for this was because he would get £100 cashback from Topcashback which would make the deal better value than his last provider. He made the order on the 21st of March and the install date of the 4th of April was given. Just by chance, I looked today to see how everything was going and I noticed that for some reason his order was declined. There was no email or anything explaining why.

Due to this I got in touch with customer service and they couldn't explain why it had been cancelled either but they did set up a new order, and a new installation date, albeit 2 weeks later than planned. and with me having to ring my father's previous provider to un-cancel their cancellation date otherwise, he would have been left for 2 weeks without broadband or a house phone.

My problem is that from what I have read on the forums it means he will lose his £100 cashback which I think is really unfair as it wasn't his fault the order got cancelled.

Is there anyone with advice on what to do and how this can be fixed?

All help is gratefully received.

0 Ratings