cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tullagh
Message 1 of 9

Is my broadband usage limited or not?

My broadband usage monitor page says i am on Superfast Fibre 1 - 50GB and as recently as one month ago I was getting email alerts warning I would exceed my limit. My bill and my package profile say I am on Superfast Fibre 1 - Unlimited. I just asked the BT helpdesk online chat, which one is it? They said they cannot tell me and cannot see my usage. They said I have to speak to the sale team. That just cannot be true. I can see my usage. Of course they can see my usage! How hard is it to tell me which broadband package I am on?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Is my broadband usage limited or not?

Perhaps the 50Gb is your BTCloud limit and not your Internet usage limit.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 9

Users on an unlimited package are unable to see their usage, other than by checking through the hub manager.

Are you sure that you are on an infinity 1, unlimited package?

0 Ratings
Tullagh
Message 4 of 9

It says my cloud storage limit is 10GB. I have never used cloud storage. The 50GB usage monitor increases day by day through the month in step with the amount of data I upload or download.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

It sounds like you are on a limited package. There is no way that forum users will be able to tell for sure or check so I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Tullagh
Message 6 of 9

I do not believe I am on an unlimited package.  I recall my usage limit increasing from 45GB to 50GB three or so years ago and I continue to get warning emails if I get close to 50GB. I recall reading elsewhere about users of unlimited packages being unable to check their usage.

My issue is that when I look at my package profile on-line today, it says I am on an unlimited package. That's the first I heard of it. Meanwhile my online bill and my paper bill make no mention of unlimited and my usage monitor says I have a 50GB limit. I had hoped the chat session would provide some explanation of this conflict, instead of just referring me to BT sales.

clipboard_image_1.png

and from my usage screen.....

clipboard_image_2.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

From what you have posted you are certainly on a 50gb data limit

when was the last time you renewed your bt contract? More than 18 months ago

as mods will take a few days to contact and help you could try phoning options team on 0800800030 and see if they can get you on to the correct package.  If you are on a rolling contract you can also negotiate a new deal with hopefully reduced  cost

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 9

If you can see your usage then you're not on an unlmited package, however your MyBT states you are, sounds like a data integrity issue, which is an easy fix, speak with BT on 0800 800 150 and they can raise one.

Alternatively, see what discounts are available, most times a new order will refresh the system and fix it, that way the issue is fixed and you get a better value package.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @Tullagh ,

Welcome and thanks for posting about the broadband usage query. I'd agree with @-Richie- on this. It does look like a data integrity issue but as @imjolly has mentioned a call to the value team might get you on to a better deal and clear the problem at the same time. If that doesn't suit let me know and I'll be happy to take a closer look at this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings