cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RewardCardScam
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Is the BT Reward Card a scam?

So, order a new service (phone, TV & broadband) online at bt.com on 11 August 2016, the reward card on offer at this time is a £150 BT Reward Card.

Service activated 22 August and reward card claimed, will need to wait up to 30 days to receive it.

30 days later, no reward card.

Phoned BT and after much waiting and being told to call other numbers eventually got "30 days is only a guideline, please wait a little longer, your reward card is on its way"

Wait another couple of weeks, still no reward card, phone BT again on the last used number.  Apparently this is now also an incorrect number, so usual around the houses, waiting, "please call this number", "don't know why you were told to call this number, call this number and at the prompt say Easy Assist", no luck there, call back previous number and it's "call this number and at the prompt say Order Management", no luck there either.  Finally get to speak to someone who assures me they are in authority and know what they are talking about, "I have checked everything and your reward card has been authorised and will be with you very shortly, please don't worry about it, you will receive it soon, please be patient and call back in a couple of weeks if you still haven't received it".

Wait another couple of weeks, still no reward card, phone BT again.  Same old routine, so I say this has gone too far, I want to escalate the matter.  I get, "you will be contacted by the 31st October by which time you should have received your reward card".

04 November, still no reward card and no contact.  Phone BT again, eventually get through to someone and ask "Where is my reward card?"  Answer: "you are not eligible for a reward card".  Now getting extremely angry, enough is enough.  Phone the number for cancelling services and speak to a rather obnoxoius character who tells me "you want to cancel your service, that's fine, you can give 30 days notice and will receive your final bill plus the £466 (or something close to that) cancellation charge.

So, after approximately 4 hours in phone calls, phone to make a formal complaint, latest is "Your question has been received. You should expect a response from us within 24 hours."

The story continues.....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Doubledoyle
Beginner
Message 2 of 6

Re: Is the BT Reward Card a scam?

I'm just about in the same boat. I'm furious with the whole reward card scheme
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

@RewardCardScam

I have asked a forum moderator to help you they will post their contact link here

0 Ratings
RewardCardScam
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I had my doubts it was only happening to me, going by the disgraceful way they operate.  I thought BT were a reputable company, not anymore.  I suspect I will be going to court with them if they continue on this path and have the cheek to try and enforce a ridiculous cancellation fee for a contract they have not fulfilled.  That may be a good thing however, as I think in addition to the reward card I deserve reasonable compensation for all the wasted time and aggravation.

Hope you get yours sorted out.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Once the forum moderators contact you they will personally own you case until fully resolved
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @RewardCardScam and thanks for posting.

If you order was placed correctly vis the offer route then there shouldn't be any problem in getting this sorted for you. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings