cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikrt
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Is there a 4 day cooling off/cancellation period for BB Halo upgrade? (BT please confirm?)

Go to solution

Hi,

Could a BT advisor please confirm whether there is a 14 day cooling off/cancellation period.

I have been emailed a very good upgrade offer from BT Fibre to Halo 1. I've clicked on it and signed into BT and It seems too low.

It's definitely from BT, but my worry is that after I take up the offer I will get billed a lot more than the offer states.

So, I'd like to know if after the install/start of service, if I were to check my bill and see it had gone up, if I could complain and cancel, and revert back to fibre.

Thanks for reading.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Is there a 4 day cooling off/cancellation period for BB Halo upgrade? (BT please confirm?)

Go to solution

@mikrt 

Welcome to this user only forum.

There would be no change to your connection, Halo 1 is simply an upgraded offering, and if you are out of contract at the moment, then its quite likely that the price you will now be charged, would be lower, as you have agreed to a new contract.

0 Ratings
mikrt
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Is there a 4 day cooling off/cancellation period for BB Halo upgrade? (BT please confirm?)

Go to solution

Thanks @Keith_Beddoe 

So your saying user only forum, does that mean I will not get BT confirmation? 

I think the upgrade is a little bit more than you might think, but not sure.

I will get a new hub (with 4G hub & free mobile BT data if connection problems (which I could have done with a few months ago)) along with double mobile data.

I should have mentioned in my opener, I'm on a super cheap 24 month(?) deal at the moment, ending in October 2021.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

This is only a user forum, so you will not get any confirmation here from BT.

The Halo upgrade is certainly worth it, but you will still get the 14 day cooling off period, where you can revert to your previous package if you really want to.

BT will send a free 4G hub out to you, if you lose your connection.