cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Is there a way to delete old bt.con accounts?

Go to solution

I have three of them. Two are old and dead. And get in the way because the website always goes to one of the dead accounts. There appears to be a way to change the active one, but it flips back to the same old one almost immediately.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Is there a way to delete old bt.con accounts?

Go to solution

Hi @ed2000,you won't be able to delete them yourself. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll get this fixed for you. We're quite busy at the moment so it will take a few days to get back to you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @ed2000 ,

Thanks for sending over the details. I've removed those unwanted accounts for you now.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David,

I’ve just tried logging in to bt.com. The login is ok, but now I seem to have no accounts. On the app I do have the correct account, but anything I try to look says “sorry we can’t get your account details at the moment”.

Should I expect this to take a few more hours to recover?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @ed2000 and thanks for the post.

Are you able to re-add the missing account?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

The app already has the account, but nothing works. I can’t see how to add it via bt.com; can you point me at some instructions?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Oh,

And now I’ve had an email saying my bill hasn’t been paid (I thought it had a direct debit set up) and the landline phone says there’s no service. It also says they tried to call me, but I’ve no idea what line that we in of course.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi Edward,

Thanks for the message. I've checked the account and you're not set up for dirct debit which is why you've had that notice. I've added an extension to the payment period to give you time to set that up. If you can't set that up online then the quickest way would bee to contact the billing team on 150. Can you send me a screen shot of what you're seeing when you log in on BT.Com?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David,

i have managed to get through to someone who has taken direct debit details again for the bill, so hopefully that is fixed.

I’ll pm you the screenshots if I can shrink them enough to be accepted.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David,

Dis you receive those screenshots? I sent them but don’t see them in the message chain here?

0 Ratings