Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Krthik
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Issue with Activation of BT ID, Mothers maiden name not recognized

Go to solution

Dear BT,

I have recently made an order via phone for BT broadband and Sim. After completing the order, i have received an email to activate my BT ID. It directly takes me to step 2 of activation procedure which asks for my mothers maiden name. When i provide the answer, i get error message as "Sorry that's not the correct answer. Please try again". 

If i try to create a new BT ID in the link below

https://my.bt.com/appsprofile/registration/signup.do?addAccountMandate=Y&redirectURL=HTTP%3A%2F%2Fho...

provide my email address, i get error message as 

This username already exists. Please click here to activate your profile or, if you have recently set up an account with BT, please check your email inbox for an email from us inviting you to set up an online account. Alternatively, please choose another username. 

How to resolve this issue? I was told by the agent that i can use BT WIFI while my broadband engineers appointment is only available on 2nd March (almost a month's waiting time).

Regards

Kaarthik

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Issue with Activation of BT ID, Mothers maiden name not recognized

Go to solution

Hi Krthik, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry that you are unable to get your BTID activated. Please have a chat with the accounts team on LIve Chat and they will be able to help you get this activated.

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Krthik
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John,

Thank you for your response. I had a conversation in Live chat and the agent re-directed me to order team. The order team told there is some issue with my order (the order is placed by BT agent via phone) and it would take another 2 day for the operation team to contact me and get it resolved). I guess I have no choice than to wait for them to contact me.

Hope I wont have any delays in my broadband installation, as I saw there are many comments about delays in this forum.

Anyways thank you for your support and hope my issue will be resolved soon.

Regards

Kaarthik

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Krthik,

Thanks for posting back!

Feel free to keep this thread updated with the progress of your order.  The problem you are having with the BTID is a separate issue and I'm sorry my colleagues didn't address that.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Krthik
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi Robbie, 

Thanks for reaching out to me, when I try to reply back to your private message, I am getting error message that "I have reviewed the number of limit for today and I need to retry later". 

Regards

Kaarthik

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Krthik I'm really sorry about that if, I've reset your private messages can you try again and let me know if you can reply?

0 Ratings
Krthik
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

the issue is resolved. I have received the BT account number via post and I can able to activatmy BT with that account number. 

0 Ratings