cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chelskl
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Issues getting set up with Fibre when Openreach say i can get it?

I have an on going issue with BT that has not been going on for around 6 weeks. I ordered a Infinty package online, BT then arranged for an engineer to carry out 'external work' which consisted of the engineer telling us we where not able to get Fibre yet and they needed to extend the exchange.

As the engineer told me to get in touch the BT to arrnge some further work i did, BT then informed i knew more than they did about the situation and that someone would call me back with an update in 3 days. After 3 days... no phone call. I then called BT myself and got in touch with someone who then told me that 3 days was now not enough time to expect a reply from there contractors; so they would call me back in another 4 days (meaning the wait was not 7 days and not 3).

After the 7 days had passed i waited for a phone call again... again i did not receive one. I called BT and was told they still did not have an answer but in another 3 days i would get one, now this time i had spoken with someone called Zoe who seemed asif she was being very helpful at the time and told me she would 'DEFINITELY' have an answer in three days. To be fair to Zoe within the 3 days she did actually call me back which is more than anyone else had done, although her call back was a waste of my time as she also again had no answers for me at all.

At this point my internet not being set up is beging to be a little issue for me as i work from home. So, another three days goes on and BT AGAIN do not call me. When i eventually get through to someone after 40 mins i spoke to a gentleman called Adeel who assured me he would follow the case up and make sure it was escualted to managers within Openreach (why this had not been done already after three weeks i dont know). Adeel, however still did not have any answers for me apart from they are waiting to 'close the road' and need to wait for the contractors to tell them when they can do it.

After another 3-5 days Adeel calls me and wastes my time by telling me there is still no answers.. at this point i have researched Ofcome complains in regards to working from home and them delaying services. Now as soon as this is mentioned to Adeel he 'assures' me that he will do everything and it will be esculated further to his manager to try and get resolved.. (still not sure why any of this was not done after say a week or even two). 3 days later a voicemail from Adeel informs me still not update but i have now been assisnged a case handler who will call me 16/11/17 - he didnt call.. which does not surprise me at all.

I called BT last night myself and spoke with scott, who has now changed the story from the 'road closure' to the engineer who came over 5 weeks ago has not returned paperwork and this was actually what i am waiting for. Now have BT ever thought after nearly 6 weeks this engineer may have lost this paperwork? Now this is me seems like a massive inconvenience to me, and actually BT where after this amount of time should they not just have sent another engineer (already in my area) as there are always alot. This engeer could then return the obviously lost paperwork and it would all be done within a couple of days. Not sure how this would not be the most logical thing in everyones head.

Also i now have to wait untill Tuesday for my case handler to call (if he even calls)

Has anyone else had an issuee like this before.. if so how do i resolve?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Issues getting set up with Fibre when Openreach say i can get it?

Welcome to this user forum.

All external work is done by Openreach, not BT Retail.

Is this a fibre to the home (FTTP) or a normal fibre to the cabinet, and copper into the home (FTTC)?

If its FTTP then see this page BT Infinity (FTTP) Fibre To The Premises

0 Ratings
Chelskl
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Keith,

I am aware external work is done by openreach but i'm also aware im not able to complain to them directly. Also the link attached does not seems to be helpful at all.

Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

The link explains that there is nothing that anyone on this forum can do to help.

You will just have to wait.

I assume you are a homeworker working for an employer?

If you are running a business from home, then a business service would be more appropriate, and may get priority.

0 Ratings
Chelskl
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Is there a fibre Forum where I can get some help please?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

@Chelskl wrote:
Is there a fibre Forum where I can get some help please?

No, all you can do is keep chasing up BT on the number given.

This is a very common problem, and can take many months to be sorted, so you may wish to look for a mobile broadband option until the situation is resolved.

0 Ratings
Chelskl
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the help
0 Ratings