cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKCamaroSS
Message 1 of 4

January Price Increase - Shambles

Well, this is my first post.

I understood BT was changing its prices, and some customers, would be affected. Those affected were to be notified in November or December.

Well, this past weekend, having received no email, no post, no phone call to say my price was going up, I chose to call BT to determine if my price would change - when I called, I was told categorically, Yes, my price will change, as everyones price is changing.

I was then told BT sent me an email on November 09th stating this and informing me I had 30 days to cancel without penalty.

I never received this email, and logging into MY BT I recevied no notification of a pending change, and nothing written on my last bill to advise either.

I asked BT to resen me the email, which the said they did, on the day of the call, and I again did not receive the email - I remained on the call for 10 minutes, and was then told to check and advise in a little later as the email was on its way. 

I checked later, no email, no in spam, no where. I called up again, and was told BT has done all it can, I'm outside of notice period and must pay a penalty charge if I want to leave.

I have now received a letter from BT informing me this is BT's final descsion, and I must go to the ombudsman if I'm not happy as we have reached "deadlock". 

How can BT be so certain I have read this email, when I can ensure them I have not?

I work in IT, so I know how to see emails, and where to check for spam.

Crazy, so this is going to the ombudsman.

Why does BT not simply post a letter as well, and make a note of the change pending on your bill???

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: January Price Increase - Shambles

did you check your btinternet.com email address for the increase email - inbox or maybe even junk/spam

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
UKCamaroSS
Message 3 of 4

I do not have any of my inclusive add-ons bt iternet email address active.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

you are normally allocated a btinternet emal address when you join BT  many have it but don't use it however BT may send email to it about changes  you cannot delete the primary btinternet email address

when you were getting BT to resend the email did you ask what email address they were sending to?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings