Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stjohn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 87

January price increase

Hi

I have noticed this page: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56087/~/weve-put-some-of-our-prices-up%2C-and-improve...

Has anyone had an email from BT, will our contract pricing go up? I know it specifies Landline and BT Sport but should mean lot of people have the right to cancel the contract of it does go up.

Not seen any media report this
0 Ratings
86 REPLIES 86
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 87

Re: January price increase

If you read the first sentence it states "We're changing some of our Landline, Broadband and BT Sport prices on 7 January 2018"  and not just Landline and BT Sport as you stated.

0 Ratings
stjohn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 87

Oh right I misread that because I'm on Infinity. Assume it's still going to go up.

Anyone had an email or any idea what costs will go up by on monthly packages for Broadband or Infinity ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 87

Just for information. Infinity is broadband. It is just the name that BT use for the broadband package you have.

0 Ratings
stjohn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 87

Oh ok, Thanks.
0 Ratings
jje
Contributor
Message 6 of 87

Price increase for me means renogiate packege for a better deal or leave totally penalty free under ofcom rules .

Increase rather odd when you look at BTs latest report coupled with wholesale line rental decrease over the last few years .

Relativly poor take up of BT Sport compared to amount spent by BT Sport .For me BT Sport channels are just flooded with unwanted football .

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 87

I'm surprised they don't use the same system as other operators and write in to the contract that prices will rise by RPI every year, that way they get more money and customers can't ask to leave because of it.

As has been said, call them up and at least get them to keep you at your current price without extending your current contract.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 87

Once again BT raise their prices approx 10 months after the last rise on 2 April 2017 prev 3 July 2016

0 Ratings
stjohn17
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 87

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 87

@stjohn17 wrote:
https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html

Just tried it, it says:

'We’re sorry, we can only show pricing for Broadband customers currently'

Bit strange considering I do have broadband with BT... Maybe it a bit soon to check..

0 Ratings