Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 87

Re: January price increase

@digitalfriction wrote:

I I will not be having BT at the new house (even though it has FTTP already installed!)

Thanks all.

You are going to have a very limited choice of providers who sell FTTP.

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 87

@digitalfraction you don’t have to use BT for FTTP, there are other ISPs such as Zen.

Personally I avoided BT like the plague for years, especially for broadband due to the poor service and network at the time. But based on reviews of the Infinity product I thought I’d give them a go - biggest mistake I’ve ever made. Nothing but trouble since.

Unfortunately providers with TV options are few and far between and another household member has certain channels they need. I’m shopping around now but the other options are either really expensive (Sky), worse (TalkTalk), or likely the same (PlusNet). That said I may give PlusNet a try as they can’t be as bad as BT.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 87

Yes, I have already looked, and although the idea of 300Mbps (with faster in future) sounds lovely, its basically £80 per month from BT and I cannot justify it compared to the £28.99 I was paying for 76Mbps

0 Ratings
Message 54 of 87

I think its luck of the draw a lot of the time, my parents have been extremely happy with Pluisnet, and have renewed a couple of times with them, I tried them before BT and had issues, I continued to have issues with BT on Infinity, but one thing I am aware of, if there is any issue other than your account and billing, it is essentially BT or OpenReach that are handling it, PLusnet etc only get the service from the BT network as far as I know? VM are different in that they provide their own network, I am not saying they are any better of course 🙂

0 Ratings
Colly-FC
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 87

I have always understood that PlusNet is owned by BT, or am I incorrect?
0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 87

@Colly-FC I believed it is a wholly owned subsidiary with its own management, etc. Whereas currently BT Retail, BT Wholesale and Openreach are just divisions of BT plc. Many find Plusnet better in the customer service department where BT is sorely lacking, but it has issues of its own.
0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 87

I checked my offer, it showed the discounted price I was on, and showed that it would stay the same, without the increase, if I accepted the offer, which I did.  However, I notice now if I check the same link it shows my package as being at the full non-discounted price.  I bit worrying, except I have the email showing the new contract.  I expect I will have to wait for my next bill to make sure everything is OK.  Pity package details on MyBT don't show the costs. 

0 Ratings
adly
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 87

I'm not sure if already mentioned, but has anyone noticed or been contacted about price increases for BT TV bolt-ons?

I was looking through the deals, found a great 12 month deal for Entertainment Plus which is less than my broadband contract length anyway, so I ordered it. In the order confirmation email it states that the BT HD Extra bolt-on will be increasing to £6.50 from 7th January, which I have seen no mention of anywhere.

As I understand the bolt-ons are all 30 day rolling, so I suppose I can remove it at any time but it seems odd to have not been announced anywhere from what I can tell.

0 Ratings
GarryJ
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 87

I currently pay £41.49 for unlimited infinity 1 broadband + weekend calls (yes i know its a lot more than some people are paying here!) but my contract does not end until August 2018, and thats even with a discount from £49.49 that i think the actual price at the moment is. Recieved a letter about the price changes today to tell me that from 7th Jan, the price will be £43.99, then £51.99 from august when my offer ends. In the letter there was a link to a "my deal", which was offering me the same price i am on now, £41.49, with no price increase in january, give options a call, knew this was not going to be much help as i am "in contract"so not much to bargain with at the moment, and they offered me the exact same, stay at the same price with no january price hike deal. 

Seems i will have to be patient and wait until later next year to sort out a newer, and hopefully, cheaper, deal!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 87

The did nothing for me either. Best they could do is a speed boost which they lied about. I reconstracted but there is a 14 day cooling off period, think I might go.
0 Ratings