cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 61 of 87

Re: January price increase

So after getting the email I phoned them up, making sure I could leave, yes I can leave, will there be a termination charge nope no charge, so had a look around for other providers then phoned BT back just to confirm again and told them I was leaving because of the price increase, put my order in with talk talk.  I then get the following from BT

As you're still within the minimum term of your contract, you'll need to pay a charge for each month you've got left. We expect this to be £307.74 by the time you move. 

You'll also need to pay: £65.00 for BT broadband equipment charges.
If these charges don't look right, call us on 0800 028 3098
0 Ratings
Highlighted
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 62 of 87

I phoned up too have only been with them 3 months but terrible drop outs every day, no problem with Sky before, only to be told I would loose the 12 months advance rental I paid.

T&C say apparantly that there is only a 2 weeks cooling off period to cancel the advance payment.

Will start to read T&C's more now.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 63 of 87

On both accounts it's wrong. But seems to be an automatic email they send, well, that's the excuse anyway. If you are leaving because of the price rise you do not pay for the router or termination charges, end of.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 87

If you are leaving because of the price rise you will get a pro rata refund on the time left on your advance line rental. In your case that would obviously mean a 9 month refund.

0 Ratings
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 65 of 87

I was put through to the retension dept and they said nope i loose it all due to me being out of the cooling off period

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 87

Well they are wrong. Ofcom say you must be able to leave without penalty. If you lose your advance line rental it means you are being penalised.

See message 180 of tis thread

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-price-changes-April-and-August/td-p/1709458/page/18

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 67 of 87

It has been raised recently in The Guardian

Stew

kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 68 of 87

It is important that you make it crystal clear to BT that you are leaving because of the price rise.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 69 of 87

I got email saying my Infinity 2 is going up £2.50 and 1571 is going up by 50p.

I have been offered the Home Hub 6 if I take out a new 18 months contract. Overall I would be paying £3 more a month than im paying the now and BT say thats still about £2.50 less than the normal Infinity 2 price.

My Home Hub 3 works mostly fine just the wifi in the last 8 or 9 months is now not always 100% reliable and I have had at lest 3 wifi drop outs. Even though the Home Hub 3 shows the wifi is still working.

Im not sure if I should take this offer or not. I still got about 9 months to go on my current BT contracts.

Darren

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 70 of 87

Is there a BT webpage that actually states that those currently in an offer or promotion, in most cases those that are within the first 12 months will not have an increase to their broadband or is it purely down to an email or letter they may receive?

I am in the first 12 months of my contract, No where in the email BT sent me does it say my broadband will increase by £2.50, it says only a few call charges will change. So really bad performance by BT rep who lied to me and tried to sell me a new contract...

0 Ratings