Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 71 of 87

Re: January price increase

@kkkk wrote:

Is there a BT webpage that actually states that those currently in an offer or promotion, in most cases those that are within the first 12 months will not have an increase to their broadband or is it purely down to an email or letter they may receive?

The price rise will apply to those still in an offer or promotion that are within the first 12 months unless you were specifically told that the future price rise (this one) is included in the price of the package.

See link. Scroll down to the foot of the page "The Legal Stuff"

"We may change any prices and terms during your contract. If this affects you, we'll tell you about important changes in advance, and you'll be able to end your contract without any fees".

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/infinity-broadband/#

Other than that you will be subject to the price rise as per your own personal email which should outline the rise to each of the products you have in your package. If a service you have is not mentioned in the email it means there is no change to the price.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 87

My email says:

'We're writing to tell you that the price of your calls will be changing from 7 January 2018. We've put the changes in a simple table below for you.(it then says about some call prices)

If you've got other services that aren't showing here, don't worry. It means those prices aren't changing.'

There is no mention of broadband, or a price increase to it.

I'm really annoyed that I wanted an answer, and they did not give me one and tried to flog me a new contract, when in actaul fact I may not get a price rise, totally wrong!!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 73 of 87

In which case it won't be changing. If it was it would tell you by how much and what your broadband would go up to when your promotion/discount ends.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 74 of 87

@gg30340 wrote:

In which case it won't be changing. If it was it would tell you by how much and what your broadband would go up to when your promotion/discount ends.

But if its not changing, why did the BT advisor lie and tell me it was?

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 87

@kkkk. If I were you I'd listen to @gg30340 and not something told to you via online chat as they can be a very unreliable source. In my reading of the situation you shouldn't need to sign up to an extended contract for broadband if your correspondence from BT only signified the price rise for calls and not broadband.

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 76 of 87

@kkkk wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

If it's not changing (and it appears from what you've been told previously that it won't) then the answer to your question has to be "yes" it was a lie. As for why he lied are they on some sort of sales commissions like many other providers advisors?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 77 of 87

@kkkk wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

I take it that is a rhetorical question because nobody other than the advisor you spoke to would be able to answer that.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 87

The advisor had my account info in front of him, he could see what he needed to, but chose to ignore it it would seem. As to whether it was a retorical question, does it matter, it would appear he lied, but I can't be certain as I didn't get confirmation that the email is correct, so I am no further in getting some confirmation. If the email had been worded differently to state that there would be no increase to my lin rental or broadband it would be more clear.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 79 of 87

What part of your email "If you've got other services that aren't showing here, don't worry. It means those prices aren't changing.'  isn't clear?

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 80 of 87

I was told in a chat with a BT advisor an hour ago it was increasing by £2.50.

@gg30340 wrote:

What part of your email "If you've got other services that aren't showing here, don't worry. It means those prices aren't changing.'  isn't clear?

So, I've got a computer generated email saying its not, and real human saying it is!? Not great is it?

0 Ratings