cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aurichie
Contributor
Message 21 of 87

Re: January price increase

It sounds like if you signed as a new customer and took a price for 12 months they will honour the price with no increase.

I am not 100% clear if "promotional" also refers to existing customers who took a discounted deal for 12, 18 or 24 months.

Some of the articles make it sound like everyone who is on a discounted deal won't be hit with the price increase on their broadband package. I spoke to an advisor earlier who said the price would increase £2.50 a month for the existing customers who took a retentions deal to stay with BT. In those cases, you are free to leave BT penalty free.

Hopefully someone who works for BT will be able to clear this up for everyone.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 87

I have a link with my price increase that says my prices will stay the same if I agree to a new 18 month contract. Why do BT behave in this way especially as the price will not stay the same for 18 months. It will be until the next price hike (or two) or until I agree to a new 18 month contract!

0 Ratings
g4jnw
Contributor
Message 23 of 87

logged in to check what extra i would pay on the link posted to check raises and its only Unlimited Anytime Calls Add-on 51p thats going up in January.

i expected to see a raise in broadband etc, i only joined in August but by reading the price hike story i was ready to leave.

The worry was i have a 12 months contract finishing in August next year but i paid line rental 12 months upfront and thought i might loose that if i left.

If its only 51p i'll stay and look around next July.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 87

Just realised that although your (gross) price is held in exchange for the new 18 month contract, your discount may not be if your  current deal ends during the new 18 month term, which obviously it will.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 87

The price decrease of £5-7 per month on line rental for Home Phone only customers had to be subsidised by someone.......

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 87

I have 2 offers for b/b - £23.99 for 18 months ( my current price ) or  £25.99 for 18 months ( new price) guaranteed to be held - also get a HH6 with £9.95 delivery. Shame they can't guarantee other costs like line rental and anytime calls.  Edit  well they obviously do as the £25.99 is fixed  what a doofusSmiley LOL

I have never liked the 18 month deals since I use LRS which ties in with all my renewal dates by a couple of days mainly because the renewal of my LRS was mucked up in June when the paid to date was changed from 19 June to 11 June. I eventually got a refund despite being told everything was ok on the system and the bill had picked up an order date in error -this was verbally confirmed and by email from complaints dept.

Also BT do not appear to have a price rise every 12 months but every 9/10 months.

Personally I'm a bit miffed at the timing as my new fibre cab is currently being connected so anything I may have agreed to would change if I wanted to move from adsl to Infinity.

Last price rise if you moved any unused LRS was refunded but I haven't seen anything yet that confirms the same applies this time.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 87

So its just the broadband going up, not line rental. Does that apply if you are in the first 12 months?

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 87

@kkkk wrote:

So its just the broadband going up, not line rental. Does that apply if you are in the first 12 months?

Technically BT always state they have the right to change prices and until now have never offerred to fix a price for the term of a contract.

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 29 of 87

@davidmridge61 wrote:

Just realised that although your (gross) price is held in exchange for the new 18 month contract, your discount may not be if your  current deal ends during the new 18 month term, which obviously it will.

This looks very odd. I would have thought that if you sign a new 18 months contract you get a new discounted offer for the duration of the new contract.

I find what you say hard to believe, would you mind quoting your offer text and highlight the exact wording that makes you think the discount is limited to the extent of the current deal you have?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 87

@casaschi wrote:

@davidmridge61 wrote:

This looks very odd. I would have thought that if you sign a new 18 months contract you get a new discounted offer for the duration of the new contract.

I find what you say hard to believe, would you mind quoting your offer text and highlight the exact wording that makes you think the discount is limited to the extent of the current deal you have?

The price for 18 months is £32.99 but I get an £8 discount off that which ends in May!

0 Ratings