cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 87

Re: January price increase

@conrad

I need to check on this. I thought that the 18 months would commence on the day I recontract which I why I though that If i re-contract on November, the contract would run until May 2019. I don’t really need fibre so not too bothered if Infinity 1 or 2 speeds. Just thinking about fibre now as it seems a better deal for me. I’ll keep you posted by PM after I have spoken to them to clarify. 

0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 42 of 87

I contacted BT today as 5 months ago I signed up to 2 year deal for infinity 2. My offer on the website was 36.99 to stay with my price now or 39.50 to take the new hub.

They matched this on the phone and explained how thr contract works. I decided to keep with my price now, and accept the new contract. It cancels out my old contract date so now my broadband contract which should have ended in June runs out in May.

Had an email confirming it all, I was originally receiving a £17.00 a month discount, now I'm getting £19.50 a month discount.

For me I'm quite happy as it hasn't extended my contract and I've kept the same price.

Definitely worth a phone call to avoid the price increase!
0 Ratings
Cazzy1987
Contributor
Message 43 of 87

@davidmridge61 the contract starts the day after recontracting if that helps. My new one starts 10th November.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 44 of 87

I have recontracted at the same price but started the new 18 month contract from the 5th January 2018.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 87

I have upgraded to Infinity 1. The new 18 month contract commencing on the activation date. 

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 87

Ordered an upgrade to Infinity 1 over the phone on Thursday, order rejected twice. BT don’t know why but will  ring me back on Sunday with an update. Have already paid for delivery of a HH6 on my debit card.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 87

Hi all,

can someone please confirm that if the previously posted link shows my broadband package is increasing in price, am I able to cancel my contract without paying any exit fees or the remainder of my contract term?

Thanks

Andy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 87

Yes

0 Ratings
dj1891
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 87

Why is it when I check that page it says I need to be a broadband customer? I've been a broadband customer for 5 years or so.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 87

I just wanted to say thanks, I spoke to BT this morning via the web chat, and have cancelled all services for no charge from 16 December 2017. This has come at the perfect time for me as I am moving house on 15th December, and due to the new prices and contract lengths, I will not be having BT at the new house (even though it has FTTP already installed!)

Thanks all.

0 Ratings