Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Meli11
Message 1 of 7

July Free Tech gift

Go to solution

Hello,

My flatmates and I subscribed to BT broadband on the 9th of July, and our services went live on the 23rd. We qualified for the July Free Tech gift, and were told that we would get an email about it. After a couple of weeks and no email, I called BT and found out that the email (the one with the timescale I think) had gone to the wrong address because of a typo. The email address was then changed to the right one and I was informed that I would receive the code within a few days. Based on what I could find on this forum, it seems that many people have had the same problem and were told to wait until it’s been one month since the services were activated. It has now been more than a month for us and still no email with the code for Free Tech. I have already called BT several times over the past month, but it’s not very clear who I should talk to as most of the people I spoke to didn’t even know about the promotion. Does anyone know who I should contact about this or how to sort this out?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: July Free Tech gift

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Meli11 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry that you haven't received the code to claim for your free gift.  The code is normally sent after 30 days following activation of your services.  I realise you're past that now and you haven't heard anything so we will chase this up for you.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Meli11
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you both for your incredibly quick help, I've just managed to place the order now! 🙂 many thanks again.

simesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Anyone got the webpage to go to? I didn't get the email either. Customer support have been able to send me the code but don't have the bespoke web page.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
simesa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Ignore me - managed to work it out from another page on here!
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @simesa,

Welcome back to the Community. 

Here is the link to claim the gift, you may need to change the month in the URL to the month of your offer.

Hope this helps?

Matt

Community ModeratorMatt
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings