cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darkinthepark
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Keep getting charged for 'free' service

Can someone please help me. I was with BT but after my contract expired I was looking at a other providers. I decided to stay with BT as they offered a the same package as I already had but cheaper, he asked if I wanted to keep bt TV and I said no as I have not once used it. He told me I could have it for free again for 12 months as I had not used it and I may as well as it won't cost anything.

As of then I have been charged £6 a month for part of the tv package, I call them and they either refund my account or deduct it off my next bill with the promise I won't be charged it again. The next month comes and I have been charged it again and the process repeats.

Someone please help me as this is very stressful for me. I would of never agreed to keep the tv part if there was any cost attached as I do not use it. I only did as he said it would be totally free with no cost attached so even if I don't use it I don't lose out. It seems I have been deceived to get me to stay with them and every time I call they say they will sort it but it's never ending. Someone please help me!
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Darkinthepark
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Keep getting charged for 'free' service

Just to clarify the money is being charged under a BT out of contract charge. Please what can I do?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Welcome to the forum. I'm asking the moderators to have a look at this for you and the will post contact info here in the morning.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Darkinthepark,

We'll need to check the account to make sure there's a discount added as it should be wiping out the monthly charge. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
Highlighted
Darkinthepark
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Thank you very much appreciated : )
0 Ratings
Darkinthepark
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Thank you for replying, I have sent a direct pm if you could have a look please. Ta
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks @Darkinthepark,

I've received it and replied to you. Anything else, just reply by PM.

Thank you

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Darkinthepark
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Just to update, I managed to speak to a agent in the uk who said it was a error on their part and I was indeed supposed to be charged a grand total of £22.49 a month before the 3rd of July and £24.49 after then for the exact same package I had before: unlimited broadband with evening and weekend calls included and free BT to with no cost attached (as I had not used it for the first year) at said costs for 12 months, that's the only reason I stayed with them. He did confirm the tv was supposed to be included for totally free and I told him I had told the initial agent I did not want it as had not used it but only agreed as was told their was no cost attached as I had not used it at all for the first year so it would be no loss to me either way if I use it or not so they would include it for totally free even though I did not want it. I was assured it was free as I very much doubt I will connect it up this year so no way would I agree to pay for something I am not going to use. He understood this and did admit it was a fault on their part.

I have found the email they sent me that states the total costs as described above so that the fact they have the initial call recorded, the agent on the 13th saying it was their mistake and they are going to send me something via post and ensure I am refunded correctly and the fact I have been refunded after being billed each month on this new agreement should clear matters up and the orginal agreement implemented. I just have to now hope they stick to their word as they have admitted they made a mistake which is fair enough and I would like to think I can trust BT so I shall see as of the next bill. Hopefully they follow thru with what they have said this time as it's going to be a massive headache going down the legal route but I am not going to miss sold something with money I can't afford and the person acting on my behalf would be doing so out of their own time so I want to avoid that if possible. I am pretty confident BT will rectify things and a potential massive headache can be avoided. Fingers crossed and thank you for the responses on this thread, much appreciated.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

You are more than welcome @Darkinthepark.

We still have your email in our queue and can check up on the account to make sure everything is followed through for you.

Thanks

DanielS

Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings