cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Lack of customer service at BT!

Order placed in November with switch on date given for 19th December,it's now 29th and still have no service. BT seem totally uninterested in the fact that they ruined Christmas for two little boys who Christmas presents relied upon them having Internet access. Not to mention that no one could phone to wish us merry Christmas or the hours spent on the phone to the supposedly customer service who just give you answers from a script and fail to call back when promised! They will not give a number or email for Libby Barr the head of customer care who should be made aware of how bad her team actually are.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lack of customer service at BT!

Hi Scottjohntaylor30,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear that you have been left without service over Christmas. I would like to take a look at your order to see if I can help. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
astar27
Expert
Message 3 of 11

It's funny actually. Because Openreach engineers connect people's lines and broadband up for a living. They're not there to provide service 24/7 to customers who think that it's their God given right to demand this and that. It's a job at the end of the day not people's personal puppets.
0 Ratings
frenchsirius
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

That's the most rubbish excuse ever!

It is BT's job to provide a service on the specified date, if not they are in breach of contract,

If they subcontract that to Openreach who are I believe a wholly owned subsidiary of BT then that its BT's problem.

I'm sure the Openreach engineers work hard and like the rest of us are put under considerable pressure to reach unreachable targets and I have usually heard nothing other than good things about them.

Yes it is BT's responsibility to provide a service 24/6 to people who pay for a service, it is nothing to do with God or any other mythical being.  They are my personal servants, because that's what we pay for , a service, hence the word servant...

astar27
Expert
Message 5 of 11

Openreach are not subcontractors. They maintain and provide the physical telephone network as well as the fibre infrastructure in the PCP's and Exchange. BT, Talktalk, Sky the rest purchase the services off them. Your contract is with BT or talk talk just like any of the end customers, therefore your quibbles are with them not with Openreach. Openreach make the rules that service providers agree and adhere to, and the service providers make the rules end customers (YOU) adhere too. And its 3 working days for a PSTN fault, after that if the fault cannot be fixed then Openreach pay an SLA failure payment per day against your line to the service provider. Broadband is different. Broadband is 5 working days, and if it needs further investigation then thats what will happen. If the fault cannot be resolved, Openreach will turn around and say we cannot fix the broadband, we'll refund you for what you've been paying for since the fault happened and cancel the service or lump it and pay for it. There is no legal obligation for Openreach to provide broadband therefore if you don't like it, your options are: A) Try and get the law changed B) Complain to Ofcom C) Nothing you can do. Basically none of the options provide you with the service you expect because that is not offered across the telecoms industry, certainly not to residential users.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Ok guys,

Please keep it on topic. We've offered to help the OP so hopefully we'll get it sorted.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 7 of 11

I'm just making a point David that the OP cannot make demands like that about Christmas. And I'm well aware that you cannot question moderator actions but Openreach are the ones who decide what happens at the end of the day doesn't matter what service provider is telling them to do.
0 Ratings
astar27
Expert
Message 8 of 11

But please message me David if you require further explanations for my actions and points of view and I'll be more than happy to explain.
0 Ratings
Dblox
Contributor
Message 9 of 11

I would hazard a guess it's ************
Go for it. 80% of BT's customers are probably behind you!

0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Astar27 - I think you may be misunderstanding the OP's point. He doesn't have a fault, but a failed new connection and cannot get any information as to what's going on. It's in no way connected to any SLA's Openreach may or may not offer their customer (BT Retail).
0 Ratings