cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GreenPlanet
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Lack of transparency about a billing complaint

I was notified about my phone bill on 3 Dec.  The following week I used the on-line Chat system to raise a complaint (which had a number of aspects to it) about that bill, asking to be emailed the outcome. On 12 Dec I received an email giving me a reference number.

On  23 Dec BT emailed me saying I needed to pay my bill and that I might be charged £7.50p for paying late. But there was no update or any news provided about my complaint.

Yesterday, 28 Dec I received another (standard) email saying my complaint had been closed but given me no further information.  The email went on: 

“…If you need to talk more about your complaint, or you're not happy with how we dealt with it, please use the contact details in the box below.”  

The box gives a phone number to contact.  The email says nothing whatsoever about the outcome of whatever has been done about my complaint.  This is awful.  I don’t want to ring and one of the reasons for this is because a couple of months ago when I moved home (and was poorly served by the relevant department within BT) I had a BT employee lie to me twice on the phone and so, understandably, I want a clear record of any exchange or communication with the company.

I’ve just looked at the bill and the amount is unchanged.

What on earth do I have to do to get BT to send me a written response to my complaint?  And promptly (so that I can pay the relevant amount quickly before I’m sent any further emails which I consider threatening)??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
allanraymond
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lack of transparency about a billing complaint

I have found on line chat a useful way to contact BT and at the end get a copy of the discussion.
0 Ratings
GreenPlanet
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lack of transparency about a billing complaint

Thanks for your suggestion, Allan.  I'll do that if I have no other option (or solution) but when I raised my concerns about the bill I'd received it took a long time for the person on the other end to get their head round it and then, after about 20 mins and apparently having taken advice, the person told me that it needed to be dealt with as a complaint by another part of BT...

0 Ratings