cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jack1289
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Landline calls to mobiles

About 5 years ago BT played a big part in the terminate the rate campaign to bring down termination costs from landline to mobile. Once they achieved this they said it will launch an "all-you-can-eat calls package that includes calls to mobiles".

Even though the termination rates how got significantly cheaper every year and is now just 0.503, no package has yet been introudced yet, and on 3rd July 2016 the anytime call package is increasing from £7.95 per month to £8.50 and even worse i think the cost of calling mobiles is increasing from 6.41p per minute to 7.5p per minute.

When will BT finally allow us to call mobiles as part of a package?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Landline calls to mobiles

Only BT will know if they decide to offer such a thing personally I think it would be very unlikely
0 Ratings
jack1289
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Landline calls to mobiles

I find it amazing that even though  the mobile termination rate has been reduced by Ofcom, BT has in fact raised the price per minute to call mobiles from landlines earlier this year.

Furthermore a lot of companies, like virgin, sky and talktalk are now offering either a number of minutes to call mobiles from your package, e.g. 100 minutes, or offering unlimited calls.

Does anyone know when BT will finally add mobile minutes to the package, as they even gave a press release a coulple of years ago saying they would introduce a package.

0 Ratings