cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CPH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Landline number in your BT account is different to actual number

From searches of the forum I can see many people have a similar issue.

The telephone number on 'My BT' account is wrong following the taking of a new broadband contract. This prevents me progressing an order online. I have tried both the chat service and calling customer services both told me it would be corrected (within 24 hours) but to no avail. Error message when ordering Ref# CON-0083.

Can anyone here tell me how  I can get the telephone number of my account updated (so that it matches my actual telephone number)  to allow me to spend more money with BT! 

Chris.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Landline number in your BT account is different to actual number

@CPH 

What is more likely is that you have a crossed line which occurred when you changed your contract, and the actual number of your phone line when you dial 17070, is incorrect. Did  the change in contract mean that you were on a different broadband package?

Billing for any call charges would be against the phone number shown on your account.

Have you checked the number by dialling 17070?

It should not have changed when you altered your contract.

0 Ratings
CPH
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Landline number in your BT account is different to actual number

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I called customer services this afternoon and I have placed the order I wanted 🙂 . I am not sure exactly what the problem is/was but the person I spoke to recognised it and was not surprised.

0 Ratings