Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jamran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Landline order keeps getting cancelled

Hi all

I needed some help, ideally from someone from BT, who could direct me to the relevant team. 

My mum is currently with Virgin and I wanted to move her landline to BT Basic. To do that I was told to place a new order (keep original number) and then after it’s activated do a BT basic application. 

Unfortuantely, for some reason the order keeps getting cancelled as it fails “credit and fraud checks”. I have no idea why this is happening. The only advice I’ve gotten from BT staff is the usual speak to the credit agency as they did a soft search with them. However, I feel it is actually a BT technical issue. This is because I have checked her credit file and there are no soft or hard searches by BT! So I suspect there is a technical issue whereby landline orders fail or something. 

The last time my mum had BT (mobile) was about 3 years and everything was paid off. Additionally, I even placed an order under my name and the same thing happened. Rejected. 

Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Landline order keeps getting cancelled

0 Ratings
Jamran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

I know that thank you. I’ve called them and they stated that I need to order a new line first and then they’ll do the web form application for BT basic. The problem I’m facing is I can’t even get her order for the landline accepted. It keeps getting rejected 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

A moderator may be able to advise. Bear in mind that unless her number was originally issued by BT Retail, its not normally possible to port a Virgin number over.

0 Ratings
Jamran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 18

Yes it was. She was originally with BT.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 18

there are other posts about getting basic and you need to have the BT landline active before you can apply for BT basic or as it will be know as Essential

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/05/isp-bt-to-launch-cheap-new-uk-fibre-broadband-social-t...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Don’t think I’m getting my issue across clearly. But I know how BT basic works and that you need an active line. This is where my issue lies. I cannot order a new landline. As whenever I do the system does a supposed credit check which my mum fails. However when I check her credit file there is no soft check that’s been done. So the fault is with BT’s systems. Additionally my mums credit score is very good so there shouldn’t be a reason for her to fail a credit check. 

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

@Jamran 

As this is only a customer to customer forum, the only people that could possibly help, would be the moderators.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 18

in initial post you said your mother is with virgin and all you want to do is move your mother to BT basic so what is happening with presumably your mother's virgin broadband?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Jamran
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

She’s keeping her broadband with virgin
0 Ratings