cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 30

Re: Landline price rise and line rental saver - BT implement Ombudsman findings.

Go to solution

Today I have heard from the Ombudsman that , "The company has confirmed that it has implemented all resolutions required on the case."  I have also heard from BT today by text & email that they are refunding the price increase on my line rental. The amount stated (£17.67) is more than I calculated but they have not shown how they arrived at that sum. I now await the required letter of apology.

It is not clear how this affects anyone else who bought a LRS and who have not taken out a complaint with BT which led to deadlock and then the Ombudsman. However, I hope that BT make things much clearer to all of us with their communications in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 30

Re: Landline price rise and line rental saver - BT letter of apology.

Go to solution

Today (6th July 2022) I have received BT's letter of apology. This is what it says - 

"We’ve received the final decision from the Ombudsman, the below points confirm what’s been agreed and completed:

·         Apply a credit to cover the price increase to the LRS from 31 March 2022, until the end of the LRS period and provide writing confirmation of this to Mr Cridland. £17.67 has now been applied to your BT account

·         Issue an apology for the level of service received.

I can confirm that the credit has been placed and will show on your next bill

I’d like to take this opportunity to personally apologise, I’m sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this matter’s caused. We’ll be doing some analysis on your complaint to review our mistakes; this insight will help us improve the service we give our customers. I hope your next contact with BT goes much smoother.                 

I trust I’ve covered all the points raised in the final decision, but if I’ve missed anything please let me know.

(The letter then gave the name, telephone number and postal address of the person who wrote the letter, who was from the Ombudsman Interface Team, Executive Customer Resolution )

Message 23 of 30

Go to solution

Well BT are at it again. A 14% increase which in their terms translates to £5.61 0n a BB charge of £15. This is a 30% increase. No matter how you explain it away, if you are getting a £20 quid odd discount on your line rental, the rise must exclude that so the 30% must apply to the BB charge. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 30

Go to solution

the increase applies to your broadband package cost - there is no longer a line rental separate charge.  your comments about LRS are more than covered here

https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Line-rental-saver/m-p/2278341

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 30

Go to solution

Ombudsman decision?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 30

Go to solution
somniac

The decision made by the Ombudsman did it relate to the current terms for LRS or the previous terms?

My recollection is that the earlier terms of LRS said you paid so much for LRS (which equated to 11 months line rental in force at that time) and you got 12 months rental in return.

These days the terms are much different whereby you pay a certain amount (at present it is £219.84) and you get a certain amount off your bill for 12 months (at present it is £19.99). The terms these days has no bearing on the cost of line rental which is however included in your Broadband package.

I doubt very much the Ombudsman would act on any complaints regarding the new terms which are clearly laid out in the BT Consumer Price Guide and also what is supplied by BT in emails when you take out LRS.
Message 27 of 30

Go to solution

It's interesting to note on another money forum someone is claiming to have been told by BT that it's a mistake, wonder if they'll do away with it on the back of all this

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 30

Re: Landline price rise and line rental saver.

Go to solution

I would not say expert is an accurate description of you.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 30

Go to solution

I assume you have read all1389 posts that @garybs29 has made on the forum to arrive at that conclusion rather than simply disagreeing with a particular post.

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 30

Go to solution

Sorry but no.  I  made my judgement on the content of one post  so I apologise  if my  opinion is  misguided.

0 Ratings