Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Landlord express an interest

Hi,

I received an email stating that my order has been cancelled as the landlord needs to give permission for FTTP planning to go ahead and to be installed into the flat.  Firstly I don't live in a flat and I am the home owner which I have requested BT to rectify with openreach but secondly the link they sent me to register interest is broken http://www.superfast-openreach.co.uk/landlord does anyone have the correct link?  I assume it's been broken in the openreach website reshuffle

I have a feeling that it's due to the road not being adopted by the council and therefore need to get permission from the developer for way leaves on their portions of the road I.e road entrance to my house that I own the freehold to.  They have already consented to this in an email to me.  Is this my responsibility to put the developer in touch with openreach or should BT be organising way leaves in order to get planning going?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Landlord express an interest

Roads are normally adopted by the council but can take some time - mine took 7 years !

Have the council stated they have no intention of formally adopting the road because there may be delays owing to unresolved issues with the developer.

If there was no intention to adopt don't assume the developers own the road it may be split between the freeholders but this should have been outlined in the title deeds.

You should contact the developers to get more info as to what they consider is the situation but you are facing an uphill struggle unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the response Conrad it has already been an uphill struggle for the last few years was extremely surprised to see FTTP available when it did show. Basically openreach cancelled my BT order because I apparently live in a flat and need the landlords permission, this isn’t the case. So my question is really more since I’m able to order FTTP do I need to do the running to get the permissions of the land owners or is this something openreach should be actively doing? I have requested a developer contact to put in touch with openreach anyway so will see what happens
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Use this to contact Openreach and keep sending one until you get a reply from a person and not the automated rubbish - there may be a database error  https://www.formwize.com/run/survey3.cfm?idx=505d040e0b080d

Normally if the adsl checker shows FTTP is available then you just order it and wait for the engineers to do their work if the infrastructure is in place. You shouldn't have to any running normally.

Does this checker say you can get FTTP  https://www.homeandbusiness.openreach.co.uk/fibre-broadband/when-can-i-get-fibre

Presumably you rang the FTTP sales on 0800 587 4787

0 Ratings
Bluemoon87
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes, sounds like there’s a bit of an infrastructure issue to this Close nothings been installed so must be a db error. BT are chasing openreach at the moment but having had no movement on this in the last year just trying to see if we can get some momentum here.

Thanks for the replies
0 Ratings