cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Late activation

Go to solution

Hi

Recently I ordered broadband from Bt (4 times actually, 3 were cancelled). Activation date was set for 7th of October. Unfortunately that not happened, later was calls etc, I was told that I will get update on 15th of October, but that not happen either.  So I'm waiting patiently for any news, but I would like to check if I'm correct that I will get compensation from 7th? And also my contract starts on 7th or the actual activation date?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Late activation

Go to solution

Hi @PiotrP,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if your order has been delayed.

Have you been given any reasons why the orders have been canceled?

Your contract start date is the date that your service goes live and not the date that it was ordered. 

Any compensation due will be done in line with - Automatic Compensation  

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Hi PaddyB

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, it looks that Bt don't know what problem is, they keep saying that that have something to do with Openreach.

On my account I can see yellow warning with "sorry for delay" and "Contract terms Broadband package - 24 months from 07 Oct 2021", so I think contract starts on that day?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @PiotrP,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I can take a look at your order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

Well. That doesn't go well. Today I had miss call from Bt, and when I check later I found out that my order was cancelled because I have asked for it, no I don't.

I can see on my account new order placed today but I can't even check what is it, because reference number is the same as that older one, and when I go to the orders page, I can't see order placed on 23rd.

I think it is time to check other providers.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

@PiotrP 

Did you reply to @PaddyB 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Yes, probably thats why they called.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @PiotrP 

If the problem is with Openreach then you will run into the same problem with other providers using the Openreach network.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

Yep, that's true, but maybe at least I will be better informed. There is a lot of wrong going with the bt. For example they received from me 4 returns bag, and for now they confirm only one return.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Hi @PiotrP 

Thank you for posting back.

I was the one who called earlier, I'm sorry I couldn't reach you.  Having had a look at everything I believe the best (and fastest) way forward with this is to get your line working first of all and then add the broadband.  It's clear that you haven't had a great experience up to this point and I would really like to change this moving forward.

I'm working on getting your line and broadband services connected at the earliest possible time.  Due to the delay, you are entitled to compensation.  This process is automatic under normal circumstances however I'll need to manually sort that out for you.  I'll do that at the end, my sole focus at the moment is to sort out the service issues.

I had intended to call you again tomorrow.  Does tomorrow afternoon suit you for me to call you?  I can set the call back for the start of next week if that works better for you.  Let me know please.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings