Beginner
manorpaul

Late payment charges & reconnection fee..........NOT MY FAULT!!!

Has anyone had this experience before? I recently had a huge BT bill which after looking at my bill on line figured out that BT had been charging me for 118 247 calls but as I ALWAYS have done from day one, I specifically ask NOT to be connected but just ask for the number as I know the charges can be big given the amount of time on the call. After waiting for an 'English' employee to contact me back as I couldn't understand the Indian person on the other end of the Indian based 'help' centre.

After making contact eventually BT blamed me or my bank for cancelling my direct debit which I obviously didn't, why would I??? So I thought maybe there had been a clerical mistake with the bank. I popped into my bank and spoke with someone and they said they hadn't cancelled anything, I still wasn't satisfied and asked to speak with the bank manager, which I did and he went all through my account with a fine tooth comb and he said that the bank had definitely NOT cancelled any direct debit and I know I definitely hadn't either so he said it would of been an error on behalf of BT.

So now BT have the ordasity to charge me a 'late payment' fee and a re-connection fee!!! URRGGGG!

There is absolutely no point in phoning the 'help' lol centre as I would be back to square one (India) which I coincidently did about 20 minutes ago............... yep you guessed it................India, put the phone straight down! I feel like the only way is to pay it but then the part of me thinks, why should I? It's my hard earned money, it's not the banks or my fault, it BT's fault!

Sage
Keith_Beddoe

Re: Late payment charges & reconnection fee..........NOT MY FAULT!!!

If you would like to try Live Chat they should be able to help you.

There are some useful help pages here, for BT Broadband customers only, on my personal website.

BT Broadband customers - help with broadband, WiFi, networking, e-mail and phones.

charliemouse76

The cluse is in the name "British" telecom so why are we speaking to India.... I have been lied to and promises made so many times it's appauling, if you email via the BT site it goes to Ireland and you get an english speaking person, give it a go, I sympathise and after years of having Broadband,Phone and a TV Package I'm going elsewhere I've had enough.  Good luck !

Sage
john46

charliemouse76 most companies now use outsourced call centres it is a standard business practice not unique to BT like wise most ISP'S use outsourcing so if you are going else where i suggest you check it out first
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’