cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagicTorch
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 59

Re: Latest offers from BT tailored to you

When I got the email clicked the link to see my personalised offers. There were actually a couple of good offers there. Unlimited Infinity 1 at £10, I'm currently paying £16.90, and Unlimited Infinity 2 at (I can't quiet remember the price but it doesn't affect me as my exchange only does Infinity 1).

I went through the order process to order, but pulled out at the last minute thinking that may be I could get a better deal elsewhere. Plenty of other £10pm deals around, and a couple better than BT, but thought I would stick with them.

Today when I went back on to do my order, the Infinity 1 offer had increased to £14, and the Infinity 2 to £20.50. I would be interested to know if the offers have changed for anyone else, and whether by ringing the options number I would get yet another monthly cost.

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 59

I got a nice offer of £17.50 for Infinity 2 + anytime calls and it disappeared some days later. I tried calling the customer service and they said they have never even had such a deal in history (their words). 

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 43 of 59

I'm on ADSL and had a £5 pm offer which changed to £12 pm. Rang up Customer Options to politely complain about it (used the word beeping instead of swearing ) and was put on that offer starting 10 June without any hassle - it needed manager approval but was plain sailing really.

The offers are I think just for broadband with no calling plan options/alterations.

0 Ratings
AndyJWS
Aspiring Contributor
Message 44 of 59

I don't appear to get any of these - just add-ons to existing (like BT Sport HD free for a month then £4). Maybe because I have been trying for so long to get through to BT to find what offers are available but not got further than the queue before lines close (I don't get home till 7pm) that I'm now out of contract?

The mail link I got seems to keep switching between having the same as current Unlimited Infinity2 with weekend calls but with a Hub5 to replace my Hub3 - for £29.50 a month for 18 months - and registering interest in Hub6 which notes no prices...

Wonder why after 15 years I'm not entitled to equivalent deals to the others in this thread?

0 Ratings
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 59

I originnally had an offer of Infinity 1 for £10 per month, but that disappeared, when I rang to complain I was told there ws nothing they could do so then I complained via email, then received a call apologising and saying whilst offer was made in error they'd stand by it but would need to call me back within 5 days to confirm the offer, it does seem a bizarre way to run a company. Why don't they just offer new & old customers all the same offers and we'd at least all know where we stood.   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tanchel
Beginner
Message 46 of 59

Received price rise notification email with a link to "personalised offer for you"

The "personalised offer for you" link  produces:-

Sorry…

We've had a technical hitch. Have a look at our broadband packages page to see the offers we've got.

I cannot see anything personalised in broadband packages....

Am I missing out on a fantastic offer?  I may start to lose sleep over this...

The anticipation of something wonderful is overwhelming...

0 Ratings
ittroll
Beginner
Message 47 of 59

Re: Received price rise notification email with a link to "personalised offer for you&q

For those that are finding the offers have dissappeared / changed, are you follwing the link in the price increase email or just checking in your account? I noticed that I got different offers depending on the route it took.

The £10 Infinity 1 offer was still there for me 10 days later. Incidentally, when I called BT they said that £10 was the best they could do even after I asked them to flag my account for an early exit switch.

0 Ratings
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 59

Which route did you check to still get the £10 offer, as I can't trace mine?

Just to compound my problem I've now had an email saying I've accepted their £18.99 offer, which is a £1 more than I'm paying anyway!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 49 of 59

@conrad wrote:

I'm on ADSL and had a £5 pm offer which changed to £12 pm.  

I'm on a cheap sub-£5 unlimited ADSL + unlimited weekend calls deal until Sep and got two broadband offers. 

• @Unlimited ADSL @ £5 for 12 months
  • @Unlimited Infinity 1 @ £8 for 18 months (plus £49 activation fee)

Both offers are still the same when I check via http://www.bt.com/myoffer. The small print describes them as both including Unlimited Weekend Calls the same as I currently get, have post-discount period full prices of £20 and £26 and the offers are valid until 02/07 and 07/07 respectively.

0 Ratings
ittroll
Beginner
Message 50 of 59

@Toppergas wrote:
Which route did you check to still get the £10 offer, as I can't trace mine?

In the "Important changes to your BT services" email it is a pink button labelled "Your Offer >".

I can't provide a link as it looks like these are customer specific with a unique ID.

0 Ratings