cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casaschi
Contributor
Message 1 of 59

Latest offers from BT tailored to you

The MyBT site recently got a new section labeled "Latest offers from BT tailored to you"

The first offer on the list is as follows: "Running out of data? Make your superfast broadband truly unlimited. Totally unlimited usage and superfast speeds. Speeds of up to 38Mb. From £23/mth"

I'm currently on the 38Mbps Infinity unlimited package at a discounted rate. The offer that BT tailored for me is for the exact same service I already have, at a significantly higher rate than I'm paying today.

That really redefines the word "tailored" Smiley Sad

58 REPLIES 58
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 59

Re: Latest offers from BT tailored to you

I have to scroll down to the third option to get the offer of what I'm already getting, at nearly four times the price.

0 Ratings
devera
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 59

I'm getting some good deals.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer click the ratings star on the left-hand side. If the reply answers your question, mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 59

Looked at my "tailored" rubbish to see the first wad of blurb was all about infinity - my cab hasn't been upgraded and is only at the survey stage per the OpenReach where and when site. Perhaps BT need to change their targeting system Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 59

@devera wrote:
I'm getting some good deals.

I'm currently on ADSL.  I get the choice of Infinity at the full price - no discounts at all - or ADSL broadband at a much higher price than I'm currently paying.  I'd even have to pay a £49 activation fee to upgrade to Infinity 1.

They really don't seem to want me to upgrade.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 59

For me the so called 'tailored' offers via MyBT were nothing of the sort, just links to the standard deals for existing customers.

To get to the proper personally tailored offers I need to follow the e-mail link or .... login here.

http://www.bt.com/myoffer

More info here.

Learn about our personalised offers for 2016

freddie5
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 59

Offers me Unlimited Infinity 1 for £10 a month for the first 12 months, normally £26 a month.

Currently paying about £17 for Unlimited Infinity 1, so if i were to upgrade would my service remain the same just at a reduced price??

0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 59

Hi freddie5, I think you will find that only Broadband is affected, you will need to agree a 12 month contract, depending on what speed you have now you might see an increase.  I am not sure, if you agree a new 12 month contract now, if you will still be affected by the price increase in July.  

0 Ratings
davgille7
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 59

I have also been offered infinity unlimited 1 for £10 a month for 12 months on a 12 month contract from the link in my email about price increases. Now I don't know what to do as I was all set to sign up to a new provider tomorrow. Good dilemma to have I suppose!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 59

@umpire wrote:

For me the so called 'tailored' offers via MyBT were nothing of the sort, just links to the standard deals for existing customers.

To get to the proper personally tailored offers I need to follow the e-mail link or .... login here.

http://www.bt.com/myoffer

More info here.

Learn about our personalised offers for 2016

That's interesting.  If I log in using the "myoffer" link, I get a completely different set of offers.

0 Ratings