cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 59

Re: Latest offers from BT tailored to you

I've tried that but the offer's changed, it seems I'm not the only one with the same issue. What's annoying is that I was perfectly happy with my present offer before I received the email!
0 Ratings
ittroll
Beginner
Message 52 of 59

My contract switched today and I am now getting 51 Mbps download. I have also purchased Line Rental Saver to lock into the old rental price and gain a 10% discount.

So my downloads are faster and I am paying less than before. I'm looking forward to the next "price rise". Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 59

Well my Special Offer is certainly Special

I paid £24.40 for Infinity2  + Line rental charges last month. My Special Offer when I follow the link is £24.50 + Line Rental.

That certainly is SPECIAL Smiley Embarassed

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
stevebrass
Expert
Message 54 of 59

I have just recontracted for the same service and saving £2.85 a month on unlimited infinity 1. Has to sign for 24 months but when the next price rise comes and can of course review.

I've also signed up for LRS at the current rate so avoided the £1 a month increase and got 10% of the current price.

Could be cheaper deals but for now it works and gives me what I want.

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 59

We're changing our prices and upgrading your service to give you more

Hi all,

I got this email from BT about 4 weeks ago, advising me of some price increases and some tailored offers as my contract is up this month.

Originally the offer was very good,

Infinity1

TV and Broadband, 52MB, £10 per month + line rental, 12 month contract.

Today I went to go ahead, and that offer has gone! Replaced with what I think its not a great deal

Infinity2

TV and Broadband, 76MB, £15 per month + line rental, 24 month contract.

I dont need the extra speed, and i certainly dont want a 24month contract.

I called retention and spoke to well... not a very nice chap who informed me they couldnt offer anything else, end of story.

Should I try again with retention, or is this pretty much normal nowadays?

Thanks
Ben

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 56 of 59

Re: We're changing our prices and upgrading your service to give you more

did you try 0800800030?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 59

Re: We're changing our prices and upgrading your service to give you more

Hi imjolly,

Yes thats the number I called. I see you moved my post, so i'll have a read through! Thanks.

0 Ratings
Toppergas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 58 of 59

Just submit a complaint like I did saying there was no indication on the email/My Offers website that the offer was time limited. Do that I managed to get the offer reinstated plus compensation for the inconvenience caused!
0 Ratings
mercman230
Beginner
Message 59 of 59

I had the same Jules 1 , but as far as i can see my usage allowance hasn't gone back to 12 GB per month , and my allowance has increased to 25GB per month . Today i got a letter from BT , which to cut a long story short , said if i went to www.bt.com/my offer, i would see an exclusive offer that was waiting for me ,i went to the site , saw the offer but noted it didn't say it was actually a better offer? and there were a number of questions i'd like answered, one of which is will i still get the same discount for paying my line rental yearly in advance. Does anyone  know what the answer regarding the advance line rental issue might be  might be as i can't seem to get in touch with BT.

0 Ratings