Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
k2150
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Leaving BT - Migration Question

If I decide to migrate am I required to give a 30 day notice or do I just pass on my MAC code to the new ISP. I'm currently on a 30 day rolling contract (phone and broadband) and my bt bill is paid up until 3rd August 2014. I would like to avoid any cancellation fees.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Leaving BT - Migration Question

You will need to give 14 days notice as per the rolling contract and as long as you are using the MAC code and moving to another ISP you will not have to pay a cease charge or cancellation fees.

See link and this part of the T&Cs

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/dynamicmodules/pagecontentfooter/pageContentF... BT.com | Personal | Terms & Conditions

1. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 30 days' notice. We will accept notice via a range of methods including phone, e-mail, online chat and in writing. You can contact us to give notice using any of the contact details set out on your last BT bill or any other means of contact we have given you, for that purpose. If you are switching to another provider through an approved process, the notice you must give us will be 14 days. We can stop providing the service to you by giving you 28 days' written notice.
0 Ratings
k2150
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

first of all thanks for the quick reply, I just checked and my mac code has expired, I will request a new one on monday, assuming I receive the new MAC code next week, is the 14 day notification by letter or can I just call BT. Ideally I like to get everything done by 18th JULY or thereabouts,  ie, new MAC recieved, BT 14 day notification given, & MAC passed on to the new ISP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

As per the paragraph above

"We will accept notice via a range of methods including phone, e-mail, online chat and in writing".

k2150
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

thanks again

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

BT. Normally take the maximum permitted for issuing MAC code of 5 working days

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings