cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M4NN4
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Leaving BT charges help please

I have been a BT customer on and off for many years and was so again for the last two years until about two weeks ago.

As the prices keep going up I called BT on 28th July and discovered that I was out of contract and was offered a good deal which signed me up for another year and one which I accepted.

On the 29th of July I was offered a much better deal by Plusnet and immediately decided to accept this offer.

BT sent me two letters both dated 30 July titled ''Leaving BT - what you need to know'', one for the broadband and the other letter for the telephony service.

On both letters under the section ''Charges for ending your contract'' it clearly says ''You won't have to pay any charges for ending your contract''.

I even called BT on Tuesday 11th August to confirm the switch over to Plusnet and the customer rep also confirmed that I would not have to pay any charges for leaving BT.

On the 12th of August I received two emails from Libby Barr with the subject ''Stopping your BT service''. One email states that I will need to pay £43 for BT TV for ending the contract early. The second email states that I will need to pay £210 for Telephone and Broadband again for ending the contract early.

Conveniently there's no way to contact this Libby Barr so I'm unable to reply back to the emails so I called BT again and spoke to another CS rep who informed me that the account has been closed so he cannot help me and that I will need to query the bill once it arrives.

I have also received emails and letters and prepaid bags all informing me that I need to send back all BT equipment again from the lovely Libby Barr. I somehow don't think I'll be doing that though.

Are there any BT staff here who monitor these forums and who can look into this for me please? Perhaps Libby is hiding somewhere here in these forums?

I wonder if Libby even exists... This would be a great plot for a movie.

Thank you kindly
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Leaving BT charges help please

Hi M4NN4,

We can look into this for you if use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
M4NN4
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi Neil,

Thanks for replying. I already did so under another mod to get things moving, the ref is: ********

Are you able to work on this call or should I raise a new one under your username?

Please advise.

Many thanks
Manna

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You don't appear to have had an invite to use the contact us mod link previously so how did you contact the mods?

if not by contact us link then I would do it now

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Hi Manna,

No, I see you're details are in our queue now so there's no need to fill it in twice. I've removed the reference as you need to keep that info private.

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
M4NN4
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Ooops sorry Neil, noted for future. Many thanks for removing the ref and for looking into this.

Imjolly: I clicked on another mod's username and did it that way to speed things up although I shouldn't have as Neil replied back pretty quick.

Cheers
0 Ratings
M4NN4
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Hi Neil,

Any news on this please? I've received the bill today which came to more than £220.

Thanks
0 Ratings