cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swiftrx
Message 1 of 8

Leaving BT contract ended

Go to solution

My BT contract ended on Wednesday and switching to Plusnet in two weeks however do I pay BT for the month service including line rental or only the two weeks that I use?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Leaving BT contract ended

Go to solution

This link explains the cancellation notice period in more detail. 

0 Ratings
swiftrx
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the link, I will be paying the 14 days as I'm switching to another provider through the normal process but since I'm out of contract, do I get charged using the monthly rolling prices?

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Not sure.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @swiftrx,

If you are out of contract, you will be charge the full price of your package for the period your contract ended, until the date the service is change over to your new provider.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

How does this work in actual pounds and pence cashflow?

My friend is leaving BT to go to NOW, and BT have acknowedged the move to take place on 27 April which is the day after his 12 month contract with BT ends.  (There was a complete mess up at the beginning).  BT cannot anywhere near match the price on offer - they are 50% higher.

He has just had a bill for the full month from 16 April to 15 May (because of the problems, the dates don't coincide with his contract) of which 2/3 is at the HIGHER out of contract penalty rate.

The bill that BT have sent is for £43 to be debited on 25th, whereas he should only be required to pay £11 for the 10 days to 26th.

1. Is this normal? - he is moving becasue he is impecunious, so an extra £32 when he has to pay the initial charge to NOW is going to be a major problem to him.
  2. How quickly will he be refunded the £32?
  3. Is there any point in ringing up BT and asking for help?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes it is normal because of the billing in advance used by all ISPs. The overcharge will be reflected in the final bill which should be raised shortly after the leaving date and the refund would be paid in 14 days by the method used to pay the bill normally.

Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
Thanks Conrad. That is sadly what I expected. Shame the dates in the month didn't match due to BT problems when he transferred to them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings