cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoswald
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Leaving BT for another ISP, but BT are stopping the order.

Go to solution

I was due to migrate to Pulse8 today, but despite having an email and letter from BT telling me I was going to move today, I had not heard from my new ISP.  I contacted my ISP yesterday and was asked to check with BT, which I did twice!

Neither of the BT reps mention any problem, I spoke to first line support who said everything was fine and I was ready to go, later  I spoke to second line support who confirmed they had done the transfer to OR and couldn't take further action, advising me to get Pulse8 to chase OR, which I did telling them what BT were telling me.  They contacted Openreach yesterday and Openreach were telling them there was no planne migration for me on the 11th.

Today Pulse8 contacted me to say they heard from OR, who said - the losing provider is stopping the order currently. please liaise with the customer who needs to contact their service provider regarding this issue.

Could one of the Mods contact me and have a look at what the system is showing and tell me why BT are stopping my order.

Obvioulsy if anyone else knows whats up please feel free to give you 2 pence worth!

And yes I am up to date with my bill, it was processed today.  I have no outstanding issues with faults or anything like that.

Steve

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: Leaving BT for another ISP, but BT are stopping the order.

Go to solution

@stoswald 

A moderator would not be able to help with this, as you are no longer a BT Retail customer.

Its Pulse8, as the gaining provider, which should handle the transfer. Its sounds like they have not followed the correct process.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Keith,

Openreach have told Pulse8

“the losing provider is stopping the order currently. please liaise with the customer who needs to contact their service provider regarding this issue”

Staff at BT have told me everything is good to go.

I give up!

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

As @Keith_Beddoe  it is Pulse8 who control the transfer and once you place the order they automatically notify BT Retail that they are taking over the line and all BT can do is confirm by notifying you when your contract with BT will end. There is nothing more BT can do.  It could just as easy be  that Pulse8 has made mistakes 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Did you receive an email from BT saying that they are sorry to see you are leaving?

If not, then Pulse8 have not requested the takeover of service from BT, as that would be the first thing you would hear from BT.

This gives the BT customer time to change their mind, or stop the takeover if there has been a mistake. Normally a period of 10 days has to elapse before the line is taken over.

If Pulse8 did not give sufficient notice, the BT would not release the line.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

Does the help @Keith_Beddoe  From the OP. "but despite having an email and letter from BT telling me I was going to move today."

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

The fact that you received the ‘sorry to see you leave’ communication suggests that BT have acknowledged your leaving, and provided you didn’t respond to the ‘if this is a mistake and you don’t want to leave ‘ part, then it’s difficult to see how BT are stopping the migration.
As it’s only what your new provider is saying ( about Openreach ) , then you cannot know for sure , it’s only what P8 have told you , and its irrelevant anyway, you would imagine that if ‘BT’ have stopped the initial migration using the process that would have been correct if you were being ‘slammed’ against your will, then all the new provider would normally do is raise  a new migration, yet your new provider isn’t doing this but asking you to contact the company you are leaving.

Migrations are gaining provider led, once you have placed instructions with a new provider, that’s the end of your involvement , the new provider should do everything else, the fact that they are asking you to get involved is more a comment on your new providers processes, they should be sorting out what has gone wrong , not suggesting it’s you that need to sort it out.
AFAIK, even if your account wasn’t in good order with BT, that isn’t a valid reason to stop the migration, only you changing your mind or alerting the old provider to being slammed to someone else is a valid reason, but orders can fail for other reasons , like the address not matching on the BT ‘stop’ and the new provider ‘start’ order, but this type of error should be spotted before the new order is entered by the new provider, if it were an address error then you would have to request the address info to be checked and if necessary corrected by BT, but P8 don’t appear to be asking you to get this done.

TBH , you should be asking them to raise a new migration if the old migration has failed.

NeilO
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @stoswald the moderation team would have the exact same info that customer services provided you with earlier. We don't see the order details only the request to move away as the transfer is managed by the gaining service provider and Openreach.

In saying that I have seen transfers taking until 12 midnight to complete, if this doesn't happen you will need to get help from your new provider.

Thanks

Neil

stoswald
Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution
Hi Yes I did, email on 2 February and a letter on 9 February dated 2 February. I made the order to Pulse 8 on 26th January. That would be 18 days from order to go live date
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@stoswalddid you ask BT to cancel your account and place a cease order ? If you did then that would stop Pulse8 taking over, a working line takeover/transfer won't go ahead if there's a pending stop on the line.

0 Ratings