cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 23

Re: Leaving BT for another ISP, but BT are stopping the order.

Go to solution

You would imagine that if the OP had incorrectly contacted BT and had a pending cease stopping the P8 order then they wouldn’t have received the sorry to see you go letter and when the OP called BT, this cease order would be quoted, the acid test would be if the BT service is simply ceased sometime today ( 11th )

I suspect the OP has posted this problem on another forum and indicated that it’s FTTC , perhaps the OP can confirm the fibre cab has slots available and isn’t  currently’ waiting list’, perhaps if OR are unable to satisfy the FTTC part of the P8 order, that stops the linked order progress, but if no slots you would imagine P8 shouldn’t have accepted the OP’s order in the first place

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

I received the sorry you are leaving email on 2 Feb and the same as a letter in the post.

I did not speak with BT until 10th Feb when I was told everything was fine.  I then spoke to them again last night, when they said everything was fine, they checked OR website and that showed everything was fine.

Surprisngly not, I did not migrate and I am continuing with the same IP and speeds as I have been.

I already have FTTC with BT

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

The process of migrating a service that already has FTTC to another provider and wanting to maintain a FTTC connection can be opaque, if the FTTC ‘cab’ has spare ports there isn’t a problem, but if the cab is showing ‘waiting list’, anecdotal evidence suggests some end up without FTTC after the migration, the FTTC port they once had , becoming available to someone else ‘waiting’.

It’s been suggested that the process now is such that the port is retained, personally I think it still can be the case that if you move provider with the cab showing waiting list, you could  lose FTTC for a period , perhaps your P8 order is in abeyance because of this, obviously this can be discounted if the cab isn’t waiting list, you haven’t indicated if the cab has spare ports or not.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry I don't understand why the cab would need a spare port when I am already on FTTC

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 20.30.12.png

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 20.30.32.png

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 20.30.51.png

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

I presume as this says nothing about a waiting list my cab is ok?

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Checking the fibre cab wasn’t ‘waiting list’ was only ever to eliminate that as a possible reason for your failed migration, as the cab has spare ports then obviously that cannot be the reason.
You are really no further forward though, P8 say OR say BT have stopped your migration, BT say that’s not the case, you ( and we ) cannot know for sure, pre existing prejudice dictates who you are more inclined to believe, but if you still want to proceed with P8 , then presumably they need to enter a new order , I’m surprised they haven’t done so already.

If you are committed to leaving BT but are not particularly wedded to P8, try another provider, if that other providers ‘migration’ is successful it could indicate where the issue with was, if the new ISP also fail to migrate quoting the same reason, then perhaps P8 were correct, but given that probably hundreds if not thousands of migrations take place every day , a new order may well succeed, irrespective of who raises it.

Its not that easy to stop a migration ( that’s how Ofcom want it ) and if BT had used the ‘ this customer has been slammed’ as the reason for stopping the migration, presumably P8 would have told you this was the specific reason and simply reordered the migration and told you of the new date.

0 Ratings
stoswald
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

P8 gave me the option to cancel or "hang around whilst they sorted it". I asked trhem to cancel it and once it is confirmed cancelled I will be off to someone else.

Cheers for the help

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution
When this new provider raises their order ( I would wait a short while for the P8 order to be cancelled otherwise the system will reject your new providers order because of this existing order ), if the new providers order progresses correctly, you given a date, you receive ‘ sorry to see you leave’ comms, then it either happens ( in which case the difference is it’s not P8 ) or it doesn’t , in which case P8 had a point, but as already stated , orders fail for reasons other than the losing provider challenging the migration , you may have to start to explore this, another reason migrations fail is mis matched address or personal info, but the new provider should notice this when you contact them in the first place , or if you order on line, them contacting you to say there is an issue with this information.
0 Ratings