Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 31 of 53

Re: Leaving BT switching to Virgin Media

Go to solution

Hello @-Richie-,

Many thanks for your kind reply back to me 😁.

That's all I wanted is a nice and calming response, also would you know the exactly cancellation fee? I switched from Sky to BT via 5 month (s) ago, I don't even know about the remaining contract months left on it.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 53

Go to solution

@Anonymouswrote:

Hello @-Richie-,

Many thanks for your kind reply back to me 😁.

That's all I wanted is a nice and calming response, also would you know the exactly cancellation fee? I switched from Sky to BT via 5 month (s) ago, I don't even know about the remaining contract months left on it.

If you joined 5 months ago, you'll be in a 24 month minimum term, with around 19 months remaining.
You will also need to return the equipment as yours is on loan, otherwise you'll be charged for them.

If you think the faster speeds are worth paying a high exit fee then go for it, you can look at www.bt.com/earlytermination

My examples below are purely a guess with rough figures from your previous post stating you have Fibre 2, my old man memory and BT terms, do not take my word as the final amount, I am not an accountant and I will most likely be off the mark.

If for example you pay £30 per month to BT, with 19 months remaining, it would be 30 x 19 = £570
VAT is removed at a rate of 20%, so £570 - 20% = £456, then another 1% off that gives you an early termination fee of around £451.44

In a previous post, you mentioned you have Fibre 2, new customer price around April was £34.99 (I think), which would put your early termination fee using the above guestimate at £526.52

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 33 of 53

Go to solution

Hello again @-Richie-,

Thanks for the information. I had it at a deal price of £29.99 per month.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 53

Go to solution

If you were with sky before your moved to BT this year did you port your number from sky to BT  as that will stop you porting number to virgin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 35 of 53

Go to solution

Hello @imjolly,

It doesn't matter I'd cancelled my order with Virgin Media, because of the HIGH cancellation fee with what BT was gonna charge me.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 53

Go to solution

ah dam thats a pain ie the cancellation to virgin

not surprised as it had 19 months left, so would be around £500

funnily enough i got a call from virgin today, trying to entice me! they said once a customer gets to the last 6 months of there contract, they would pay any cancellation fees, to then change to virgin

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 37 of 53

Go to solution

Hello,

WHO MARKED THAT AS SOLVED?! BECAUSE I DIDN'T!!

@loudgraham I know right it's a REAL shame that this happened, I was really looking forward in joining Virgin Media for faster Internet.

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 53

Go to solution

at least u know when you are down to 6 months, it will be free to change, as virgin will pay for the remaining contract and they should be 1gbs everywhere by then also, so the virgin bloke told me earlier

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 53

Go to solution

I did because you have said that you are not leaving BT to switch to Virgin. Is it now the case that you are still switching to Virgin?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 40 of 53

Go to solution

Hello @gg30340,

Well in future please don't mark my post's solved unless I mark them solved, also no I am sadly NOT leaving BT. I have to stay with BT and have a slow connection.

0 Ratings