Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Leaving bt

Go to solution

I've decided to leave bt because of the latest price rise

Do I have to notifiy bt  by email, phone etc... or will my new provider take care of all this without any further action from me as part of the new contract ?

What happens with bt yahoo mail, do I get a "grace period" to back up all my mail/addresses etc...... or can I carry on using the @btopenworld email address  ?

D*ck

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Leaving bt

Go to solution

Its a bit late to do that now, unless of course you are out of contract. Your new provider will sort out the transfer.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Your new provider should do it for you but if you are leaving mid contract because of the price rise, which I think you may be to late to do,  you have to contact BT and inform them that is the reason you are leaving other wise you will be hit with cancellation fees. In any event I would inform BT just to be safe.

Your email will stay active for 60 days then it could be deleted without warning.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/59666/~/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-b...

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

I'm one of the people who was not info'd by email about the Jan 7th rise & I have now a letter telling me I am being refunded the two months excess because I didn't get the email & setting me a price rise date of 28th March

On reading the letter again it does indeed say that I must notifiy BT that I am leaving inside the contract term because of the price rise & I must info them to claim my penalty free leaving status.

Must wear reading glasses & engage brain next time I get a letter from BT 

I have been offered a new contract at the original rate (18 months) & therebye avoiding the  £2.50 rise until the next service increase which will be inside the 18 month contract period when it will all start again with calling customer services to try to ameliorate the contract pricing.

I find it very hard to accept contracts that allow the issuer to raise the price of the rental whenever they choose

I genuinly don't wish to leave BT but the premium I have to pay over other providers is not worth it to me as I rarely (if ever) use any of the "extra's" available to me & as BT won't match the "deal" I have been offered I have little in the way of options left to me

D*ck

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks for the link GG
0 Ratings